7up- 1953-1986 Canada

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
surprise find of a marked 7 up bottle from Eastern Ontario which wa not previously mentioned , in fact I never knew this bottler bottled seven up back then .

its from E Giesebrecht Petawawa also known as Vitality beverages , which was the bottler in Petawawa Ontario and would of serviced the Ottawa valley area , the large military base there and Pembroke area

but never seen one marked from that town before , its a swim version from late 40's early 50's , a seller from quebec had it for sale online and price was reasonable so I bought it

7up-petawawa.jpg
7up-petawawa1.jpg

Donas12

Reaction score
Just loved this thread! Thanks to all who have contributed over time.
Here is another one...
North Battleford SK - Maple Leaf Beverages
57F8C905-40C8-448F-8BDE-55705B29DF6A.jpeg

RCO

Reaction score
Just loved this thread! Thanks to all who have contributed over time.
Here is another one...
North Battleford SK - Maple Leaf Beverages

haven't seen that one before , assumed I was missing a couple from sask as seemed to be a couple bigger places not on my list

is that a shield bottle ? assume there'd also be a swim bottle with similar markings

Burkenhill

Reaction score
came across another 7up bottle in the wild , found this one in a small dump near a lake . it appears to have a date of 1949 on the bottom , red paint has faded away from being outdoors , has the sip it slowly wording on the back and you like 7up , 7up likes you

from 7 up ( ONTARIO ) limited Toronto

View attachment 207470View attachment 207471
In my 7up bottle collection (1935 to 1953 and only Slenderizing and Swim lady bottles) I have only 2 bottles that have the slogan on the back, "Sip It Slowly Taste Each Sip Enjoy The Finer Flavor". One was bottled in Saskatoon, the other in Vancouver. All the other approximately 100 bottles are from the US. My conclusion is that it is a uniquely Canadian version of back labels 2 and 3 from the mid 1940's. I look forward to somebody proving me wrong and telling about a US bottle with that slogan on it.

Canadacan

Reaction score
In my 7up bottle collection (1935 to 1953 and only Slenderizing and Swim lady bottles) I have only 2 bottles that have the slogan on the back, "Sip It Slowly Taste Each Sip Enjoy The Finer Flavor". One was bottled in Saskatoon, the other in Vancouver. All the other approximately 100 bottles are from the US. My conclusion is that it is a uniquely Canadian version of back labels 2 and 3 from the mid 1940's. I look forward to somebody proving me wrong and telling about a US bottle with that slogan on it.
I believe that to be true!...thanks for your contributions! RCO has been a major help on this thread and does up a list once in a while.
In Canada 7up is the only real major brand that we can find all these cities and towns.
Great stuff fella's!!!

SODABOB

Reaction score
Even though I have not seen the "Sip It Slowly - Taste Each Sip - Enjoy The Finer Flavor" slogan on any 7-Up bottles from the United States, it was used in ads in the U.S.

McAllen, Texas ~ 1939

7up Sip It Slowly_The_Monitor_McAllen Texas_Sun__Oct_8__1939.jpg

Magazine ~ 1945

7up Sip It Slowly Ad 1945 Magazine  Unknown .jpg

Store Display ~ Lamville, Iowa ~ 1939

7up Sip It Slowly Placard General Store Lamville Iowa October 1939.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
still haven't found a newfoundland seven up bottle but did see a cap on ebay marked seven up eastern ltd st johns . if they had a marked cap pretty sure there'd be a bottle out there , even if they weren't marking the bottles from st johns by this point in time ( the 70's ish ) high likely hood there is a swim bottle from there as I found a couple from NS which is nearby

7up-stjohns.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
found this 7 up metal cap the other day , oddly was inside a small glass jar , it was in same 70's dump site as the 7 up bottle I found earlier this year on page 14 .

it didn't have a cap so wondering if its from that bottle ? or could be from another 7 up bottle as was others in that dump

says " the uncola " featues ingredients and 7 up logo in green

20201023_144649.jpg

Canadacan

Reaction score
Definitely a 70's cap...could have been from that bottle.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panama Canal digger