7up- 1953-1986 Canada

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SKjugcollector

Reaction score
I know that the eight bubble bottle has the bubbles on the shield ,Is the eight bubbles that are over the lady considered an eight bubble also? The bottle on the left has eight bubbles over her, one foot and no visible fingers. I believe it's older than the one on the right.
006.JPG

SKjugcollector

Reaction score
Is there a time period for the bottle with a small f in fresh and (with) in small letters as to the the bottles with a capitol F and (WITH) in capitols. These are in the bottles with just the shield.
007.JPG

RCO

Reaction score
Ha ha. I had never seen it before and as far as I know I was only missing 3 bottlers from western Canada, so I bought it yesterday!! Saw this post about 15 minutes ago when I came on here to see if Prince Albert was listed and said to myself "that bottle sure looks like the one I just bought."

prince albert SK was already listed cause I had seen another bottle online with seven up wording on the back but the bottle on ebay was first swim seven up from there I had found a good enough picture of to post to site

it would of been the same bottle , an ebay seller from Hamilton Ontario has been listing a lot of interesting bottles lately at reasonable prices , not sure who they are but hadn't seen them before

its the only seven up bottle they've posted so far , not sure how it made its way to Ontario ?

Historical-Info-Service

Collector of BC Bottles and History, Historian
Reaction score
Is there a time period for the bottle with a small f in fresh and (with) in small letters as to the the bottles with a capitol F and (WITH) in capitols. These are in the bottles with just the shield.View attachment 218111
the bottles with "fresh up" (no capitals, not jumbled) first appeared in 1960. I have 12 oz bottles from April/May with that font (Regina, no city), but also with the "jumbled" font (Vancouver). In 7 oz bottles, I don't have any overlap - April/May are the jumbled font (Regina), and Nov/Dec are the straight lower case (also Regina). But I don't have any other 1960 samples of 7 oz to compare to

Historical-Info-Service

Collector of BC Bottles and History, Historian
Reaction score
I know that the eight bubble bottle has the bubbles on the shield ,Is the eight bubbles that are over the lady considered an eight bubble also? The bottle on the left has eight bubbles over her, one foot and no visible fingers. I believe it's older than the one on the right.View attachment 218110
8 bubble refers to the number of bubbles around the 7 Up logo. If you show me the backs/bottoms of those two bottles, I can tell you the dates. I need to look at the various (25) swim girl bottles in my collection and see if there is a distinct patter to the number of bubbles above the head and one leg/two leg that can be used to narrow down dates (particularly on Consumers Glass bottles without date codes).

SKjugcollector

Reaction score
009.JPG
010.JPG

The embossed triangle with c inside and 6 at bottom
2- c diamond 6 over 6937 with 2 at bottom
3- triangle with c 5031 over 7
4- triangle with c 5031 over 7 the c and 7 are very hard to make out
5- triangle with c 5031 over 2
6- B diamond with D inside 7 6937-B over 8

Thanks for your time and info

RCO

Reaction score
just came across this one online , pictures aren't great but is a seven up bottle from Windsor Ontario . that city is a long way from where I live which might explain why I've never seen one before , same seller also has a squirt bottle marked Windsor

although is a listing in my book for seven up bottling co Windsor from the 1940's - 60's so I though there might be a bottle from them

this one is a swim bottle marked " seven up bottling co Windsor Ontario " on back

windsor-sevenup.jpg
windsor-sevenup.jpg
windsor-sevenup1.jpg
windsor-sevenup1.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
also came across a picture of a shield bottle from Halifax Nova Scotia . had already posted the swim bottle but hadn't seen this version yet

marked " 7 UP Maritimes limited HALIFAX NS "

halifaxNS-7upshield.jpg
halifaxNS-7upshield1.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
more evidence of seven up bottling in St Johns Newfoundland a bottle cap is on ebay

marked " seven up eastern 1967 ltd St Johns NFL "

so someone was definitely bottling seven up there but no sign of a bottle yet

s-l1600.jpg
s-l16001.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora