7up- 1953-1986 Canada

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Canadacan

Reaction score
Hi. New to the site. I'm a mostly a Crush guy, but this is a great thread on all things 7up. Noted a discussion a couple of months back about different places that had a 7-up bottler and speculation over Regina possibly having one. Was cruising Facebook Marketplace not long after and found these posted for sale. For those really interested, they're going cheap... https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1249826808686927/?ref=search&referral_code=undefined
Yeah I noticed those...and they are 12oz too! A person could really amass a big collection going for all the 7oz, 10oz, 12oz, and quarts in Canada!

RCO

Reaction score
found this on the weekend at a nearby dump , had actually found this dump years ago its not very far from where I live but someone I missed this 28 oz seven up bottle which was lying on the surface under some leaves in a small area of rusted food cans I hadn't found years ago .

unfortuently the acl is mostly gone by now , however I wonder what it would of been like if I had found it a few years earlier

think this bottle is from the early 60's , never found a 28 oz shield 7 up bottle before

no city on back , " you like it , it likes you " along neck , fresh up with 7 up , contents 28 oz

DSC03905.JPG
DSC03905.JPG
DSC03907.JPG
DSC03907.JPG

RCO

Reaction score
Cool find for a dig. Nice big bottle .
Here's what they are with visible ACL

it was definitely a surprise to find a 28 oz 7 up bottle lying in the leaves off a trail I've used 100's of times since the 90's

I wonder what my bottle would of looked like it I had found it earlier , although acl was lying up so it was fully exposed to elements and perhaps why its faded so much

the area where I found it seems to be a hot zone for 7 up bottles , must of been someone there who drank it a lot either a local or cottager , found a number of various different 7 up's along that road or woods off it

RCO

Reaction score
noticed this bottle posted to a facebook bottle group , the poster had asked the group for more info about it and didn't seem to realise what it was .

would appear to be an 8 bubble swim bottle from Nova Scotia . used by Havelock Home Bottling co - Sydney and North Sydney Nova Scotia . not that familiar with them but they were one of the main bottlers in that area and lasted for a number of years . if your not familiar with Sydney NS is a small city north of Halifax on the northern part of Cape Breton Island , at one time more important an industrial hub and had coal mines

have posted a swim bottle from Sydney NS before but it was from the 50's , this one be much earlier and more than likely rare .

sorry the photo's aren't great but at least prove such a 7 up bottle even exists , it also has an embossed neck and 7 up logo was embossed on the bottom too like the other early 7 up's , the photo quality improves if you " click " on them and view them that way instead

7up-sydney.jpg
7up-sydney1.jpg

Last edited:

RCO

Reaction score
i also came across this bottle online several months ago and don't know what happened to it , was very upset at seller for not being able to find a way to sell it to me . and i forgot to include it here

but its from Northern Ontario , a mining city called " Timmins " which boomed in the 30's and still fairly large city today .

bottled by - Gold Belt Brewery ltd Timmins Ont

sorry was never able to get a photo of the front but obviously as early swim bottle , similar wording as some 8 bubble versions but appears to have 7 bubbles and from the early 40's based on my research . this is the only picture i was ever able to get of it from the seller but does prove its from timmins and an early 7 up bottle

timmins-7up.jpg

Historical-Info-Service

Collector of BC Bottles and History, Historian
Reaction score
I have a seven up bottle by Nanaimo Bottling Works (BC)
Hi Terri, I have had at least 4 Nanaimo 7 Ups but they have all been from the same time frame (mid-50s) so all have been shield labels, jumbled Fresh up on the back. I'd love to see other examples from Nanaimo, but none have surfaced so far. I spend a fair amount of time looking on the Island, so you think I'd find one, if one existed.

Historical-Info-Service

Collector of BC Bottles and History, Historian
Reaction score
decided the list needed an update which continues to grow with the addition of new bottles from places in Canada I wouldn't of suspected had one

Vancouver BC
Victoria BC
Victoria and Vancouver BC
Nanaimo BC
Kelowna BC
Kamloops BC
Prince George BC
Trail BC

Calgary Alberta
Edmonton Alberta
Blairmore Alberta
Medicine Hat Alberta

Dominion Bottling Works

Saskatoon SK
Yorkton SK
Prince Albert SK
North Battleford SK
Battleford SK
Regina SK

Winnipeg Manitoba
Brandon Manitoba
Flin Flon Manitoba

Fort Williams Ont
Kenora Ont
Fort Frances Ont
Timmins Ont
Sault Ste Marie Ont / Soo Falls Brewing co
Sudbury and North Bay Ont
Mount Forest Ont
Ottawa Ont
Ottawa Ont - French version
Toronto Ont
Toronto and Hamilton Ont
Hamilton, London and Barrie Ont
Petawawa Ont

Montreal Que
Quebec City Que
Megantic Que
Rougemont Que
Valleyfield Que
Victoriaville , Que
Seven up Quebec ltd

Halifax Nova Scotia
Sydney Nova Scotia

New Brunswick - Seven up Sussex ltd

Seven up Eastern ltd - St Johns Nfl
Been awhile since an update. I have one more for you. It's not in my collection, but it is confirmed. Cranbrook BC - Selkirk Soft Drinks. The company started operation in 1954 or 1955, but unconfirmed when they began bottling 7-Up. The bottle shown (from a friend's collection) is from the 1954-1960 period based on the labeling.

Attachments

• 271073911_463393525305755_221233557904784374_n.jpg
    271073911_463393525305755_221233557904784374_n.jpg
    480.4 KB · Views: 115

RCO

Reaction score
new updated list

Vancouver BC
Victoria BC
Victoria and Vancouver BC
Nanaimo BC
Kelowna BC