Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

7up 'Odd Logo"

iggyworf

Mar 13, 2013
S.E. Michigan
Here is a very strange 7up logo I believe to only have been used for 2 yrs, 1977 & 1978. I cannot confirm this though as it is very hard to research this logo. I just got the 16 oz one the other day. I new it was around but took awhile to find one. Not sure why it didn't catch on. They are all U.S. bottles.

The 16 oz is from Owens Illinois 1978. The 1 liter(middle pic) is from Obear Nestor bottling co. 1977 which went out of business in Dec 78 and the other 1 liter is from Liberty Glass co. 1978.

I have seen the (middle) 1 liter on fleebay a few times but only once did I see the other 1 liter and was able to get it. The 16 oz I also got on fleebay and now there is another one up there, but have not seen those ones before. Has anyone else come across these styles before?

I am glad to have all three now..

100_3270.jpg

Last edited:

embe

Jul 14, 2019
Almost looks like it should read as "7yup", (positively)

Last edited:

RCO

May 17, 2012
Ontario , Canada
i don't recall seeing it before , I'd imagine 7 up has used a few different logo's over the years as its been around for so long

iggyworf

Mar 13, 2013
S.E. Michigan
Canadacan, forgot about the can. I have seen pics of that one before but don't own one. Strange in that I have other common logo 7up bottles from 77 & 78. the 'dot' logo and the 'vertical' logo. They all seem to overlap in those yrs. but those last 2 are the ones that they kept going with.

7up 1.5 litre(Canadian) 75 & 28 oz PL verticle logo 74.jpg
'dot' logo 'vertical' logo

Canadacan

Sep 21, 2014
British Columbia
Canadacan, forgot about the can. I have seen pics of that one before but don't own one. Strange in that I have other common logo 7up bottles from 77 & 78. the 'dot' logo and the 'vertical' logo. They all seem to overlap in those yrs. but those last 2 are the ones that they kept going with.
Yes I'm sure it over lapped. I wonder if it was just a trial design for a couple of years possibly in select states? I'm pretty sure I had seen the can before the bottles.

iggyworf

Mar 13, 2013
S.E. Michigan
Thanx everybody. As far as I know these are the only sizes out there and the can. I agree Canadacan on it being a test logo in select areas.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qpb1559972