7up Vancouver B.C.-Country Club Beverages Company Limited.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Canadacan

Reaction score
Great find! I really wish I'd picked up the one of those I saw in Coombs years ago, I had no idea how rare they are at the time. Your new one is definitely nicer than the one I saw though. I still keep an eye out for BC 7-Ups but haven't seen any outside of the province so far.

Thanks!...ahh yea a regretful thing leaving behind a bottle like that, I'm pretty certain from what I've seen when most 8 bubbles show up it's not the ACL neck version.
Btw...I squeezed in a decent shape Vancouver embossed below my pic.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Actually come to think of it the one I saw wasn't the ACL neck version, it was the embossed neck version. I don't think I've ever seen an ACL neck version in person.

RCO

Reaction score
i always like seeing the old 7 up bottles , don't think I've seen any from this time period from Vancouver before . if you remember my posts , I've mentioned how I found an 8 bubble from Toronto in the wild once before but that was the only time I've ever encounter one and it was in poor condition as it had been outdoors since the 30's

I'd imagine any of the Canadian 8 bubble bottles would be pretty hard to acquire especially in good condition . can't recall ever seeing any at bottle shows or antique stores here

Canadacan

Reaction score
i always like seeing the old 7 up bottles , don't think I've seen any from this time period from Vancouver before . if you remember my posts , I've mentioned how I found an 8 bubble from Toronto in the wild once before but that was the only time I've ever encounter one and it was in poor condition as it had been outdoors since the 30's

I'd imagine any of the Canadian 8 bubble bottles would be pretty hard to acquire especially in good condition . can't recall ever seeing any at bottle shows or antique stores here

I'd love to find an 8 bubble in the wild!...just the thrill of dumping your own! Yea you know even online in the last five years I've only seen two, that was a couple of months back but I blew the deal off because the seller would not sell separate from some other bottles and I felt the price was too high, and so my search continues for a replacement embossed neck.
After some reviewing some of other posts on 8 bubbles, it seems the ACL 8 bubble came no earlier than 1938.

RCO

Reaction score
I'd love to find an 8 bubble in the wild!...just the thrill of dumping your own! Yea you know even online in the last five years I've only seen two, that was a couple of months back but I blew the deal off because the seller would not sell separate from some other bottles and I felt the price was too high, and so my search continues for a replacement embossed neck.
After some reviewing some of other posts on 8 bubbles, it seems the ACL 8 bubble came no earlier than 1938.

looking thru my old pictures it was the fall of 2012 that I found mine , didn't realise it had been that long ago . the location where I found it , never been able to go back and fully explore the rest of the property . I found it near the road but think there might of been stuff dumped further back ( but never had the nerve to ask the owners to look around or explain to them what I had found there ) , its all wooded . in the 30's there was plans to develop the land and lots were laid out but they never actually built anything , was also a small hotel/lodge nearby . and a small road passed thru the property

other than Vancouver and Toronto are you aware of there being any other 8 bubble bottles like this from Canada . I'm pretty sure Toronto was the only city bottling 7 up that early in Ontario but unsure about the rest of Canada

Canadacan

Reaction score
RCO...yes I am aware of two other 8 bubbles, the first being from Blackwoods Beverages limited, Winnipeg. Now this bottle is also an ACL neck version, and I have absolutely no doubt they have an embossed version we have not seen yet, and I say that because they were a major hub in Canada for bottling firms, the earliest ad from them I could find was 1936, at which point they would have been using paper labels on the 7oz.

Probably also from 1939, I had seen a photo of the base on this bottle but could not get a year off it.

7up 8bubble-ACL neck-Winnipeg.jpg

7up 1936 The Winnipeg Tribune Manitoba Canada Oct 3, 1936
7up 1936 The Winnipeg Tribune Manitoba Canada Oct 3, 1936.jpg

The second bottle hails from Calgary, Alberta and was bottled by Polar Aerated Water Works, it is the embossed neck 8 bubble dated 1938. And again I have no doubt the ACL neck version was made for this firm as well.
7up-8bubble- 1938 embossed neck-Polar Aerated Water Works, Calgary.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
here is a picture of my Toronto bottle , can see the wording is the same as the others

7uptoronto.jpg7uptoronto1.jpg

its interesting there is other 8 bubble bottles from western Canada , haven't seen the Winnipeg or Calgary bottles . another city that might of been big enough to have one would obviously be Montreal . it comes to mind as one I'd wonder about but I haven't seen one

Canadacan

Reaction score
here is a picture of my Toronto bottle , can see the wording is the same as the others

its interesting there is other 8 bubble bottles from western Canada , haven't seen the Winnipeg or Calgary bottles . another city that might of been big enough to have one would obviously be Montreal . it comes to mind as one I'd wonder about but I haven't seen one
Wording is different than my Vancouver ACL neck, and the embossed neck from Polar Aerated Water Works... "YOU LIKE IT" VS "YOU LIKE 7up"

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
You'd really think there should be a Montreal 8-bubble. I've never seen one but I'll keep my eyes open.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora