7up Vancouver B.C.-Country Club Beverages Company Limited.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tsims

Reaction score
Yeah that's a great U7P aka 7UP bottle. I collect 7up's and don't have one like that. Great score.
I just acquired 4 of these bottles if you are interested in one, just not sure how viable to ship from Canada to Michigan.
CIMG3354.JPG

Attachments

• CIMG3353.JPG
    CIMG3353.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 134
Last edited:

tsims

Reaction score
Well today I sort of hit pay dirt!!!..stopped in at one my favorite shops and found this embossed 28oz...or it may even be a 30oz? 7up bottle.I've never come across this size in all my years so I decided to take it home....one day maybe I'll find the label to go with it.It is a Dominion glass bottle from the Red Cliff Alberta plant and is dated 1945.In all honesty I thought I'd find a 7oz ACL 8bubble before I found this gem![;)] [attachment=7up-2.jpg] [attachment=7up-3.jpg] [attachment=7up-1.jpg]
Would you mind me asking what you paid for this bottle at the store? I have 4 of them i just came in to possession of and thinking of selling all but one likely.

tsims

Reaction score
Well today I sort of hit pay dirt!!!..stopped in at one my favorite shops and found this embossed 28oz...or it may even be a 30oz? 7up bottle.I've never come across this size in all my years so I decided to take it home....one day maybe I'll find the label to go with it.It is a Dominion glass bottle from the Red Cliff Alberta plant and is dated 1945.In all honesty I thought I'd find a 7oz ACL 8bubble before I found this gem![;)] [attachment=7up-2.jpg] [attachment=7up-3.jpg] [attachment=7up-1.jpg]
Hi, If you ever run across the labels let me know please, I have 4 of these bottles as well from Country Club beverages U7P embossed neck. There were found under an OLD house on a property.

Historical-Info-Service

Collector of BC Bottles and History, Historian
Reaction score
Hi great to meet a local collector!
So as far as I know any bottles up to about 1937-38 were paper labeled. Still to date the earliest we have seen for an 8 bubble that was dateable is 1938, with those the first number to the left of the Dominion mark is the month code, so you will find bottles with numbers 1-12...my bottle has 5 so that would be May. The letter code came in around 1940.

I have a single foot clearly dated 1946, and also one I'm 99% positive is dated Jan/Feb 1947, it has the letter code A.. Then in 1947 the change occurred with the double foot and they dropped the 'sip it slowly' slogan, my example is dated March/April 1947. The earliest one I have with the 'sip it slowly' slogan is from May/June 1942, I have no bottles from 1940 or 41.
I have also seen this slogan on a Calgary 7up, and as well a no city marked from Consumers glass and one from Soo Falls. I'm sure there are many more out there, you just need to see the bottles dated between 1942-47.

One of our members here and a friend of mine really has his eye on the ball with these transition dates. Bill Lockhart's articles are superb!...but they mainly focus on USA bottles which is why you did not see the slogan mentioned. Another interesting thing is the fact the 8 bubbles ran as late 1946 in some US states.

View attachment 191230

View attachment 191231
Yes, what Canadacan said. There were 8 bubbles above the one legged swimgirl through 1946. In 1947, when ingredients were added to the labelling, the number was reduced to 7, the girl was given two feet, and she was also made a bit more shapely and her head leaned back more. With the exception of Quebec, the labelling changes appear to been fairly consistent across Canada. There was the change from 8 bubble to 7 bubble approx 1942, ingredients added in 1947, Lithium removed from ingredients in 1949 and the cursive Fresh Up changed to stylized printing (and front script changed to Trade Mark Reg'd), in 1954 the shield label was introduced and Fresh up was now written out on the back in jumbled block letters, and finally in 1960 the switch was made to all lower case "fresh up". Bill Lockhart's research does not touch on Canadian bottles to any great extent. While there were 4 different variations of the Fresh up script from 1942 to 1969 on Canadian bottles, in the US it remained pretty much the same over the entire run.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown