Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

8 bubble 7up with ribbed neck

cheromike

Sep 24, 2011
Sharon, Tennessee
For the record, the purpose of the "beehive rings" is to hold firm the glass bottle in a child's hand. Children dropping glass soda bottles was a constant hazard, and injuries were endless. I survived many cuts from shards and embedded broken bottles in the muds of old cow ponds growing up.
Still, there was always an appeal for carbonated beverages in well designed glass bottles!

Eric

Mar 25, 2008
Great bottle.. great find. Congrats... paint is really nice on that one.

Burkenhill

Dec 29, 2015
Great bottle! Which back label does it have? What does it say? Does the swim lady on your bottle have 1 foot or 2? Can you provide a picture of the back label?

relic rescuer

Feb 2, 2016
Can anyone tell me anything on this one? The only thing I'v ever seen online is a cap. And they had one plant in Tacoma. I dug this out of a farm dump in Fife, Wa. two years ago. What is it worth? I think it is from 1944. Mostly what was in the dump is whiskey bottles with a few cork tops. I gave away over three dozen clear pint whiskey screw tops, and kept the unique ones. I found a couple 8 bubble 7 Ups too, one had an embossed 7 at the top. They both lost the red tho since they were buried for over 70 years. Also, if anyone who is local wants a mostly WW@ era collection, I need to get rid of mine. I have a 6 shelf 12X26 inch bookshelf that is full. I'm ion Graham, Wa.

Attachments

relic rescuer

Feb 2, 2016
Can anyone tell me anything on this one? The only thing I'v ever seen online is a cap. And they had one plant in Tacoma. I dug this out of a farm dump in Fife, Wa. two years ago. What is it worth? I think it is from 1944. Mostly what was in the dump is whiskey bottles with a few cork tops. I gave away over three dozen clear pint whiskey screw tops, and kept the unique ones. I found a couple 8 bubble 7 Ups too, one had an embossed 7 at the top. They both lost the red tho since they were buried for over 70 years. Also, if anyone who is local wants a mostly WW@ era collection, I need to get rid of mine. I have a 6 shelf 12X26 inch bookshelf that is full. I'm ion Graham, Wa.

Attachments

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ababram76