9 examples known!?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Screwtop

Reaction score
DSC_0510.jpg
DSC_0511.jpg

At first glance, this looks like your run of the mill, Coca Cola Straight side from Lexington Kentucky. The mark on the bottom of this bottle however may be super rare.

The marking shown here is what has me excited. This is the mark of the Graham Glass Company, rather, a logo they used on advertisements.

"Although
Toulouse (1971:213)
illustrated an upside
down bottle
superimposed over a
“G” as used by Graham,
the logo was rarely
embossed on bottles.
Bill Porter
has discovered nine
examples – from five
states, all in the South – where the mark appeared on
the bases of a straight-sided Coke bottles"

http://bottleinfo.historicbottles.co...rahamGlass.pdf

So just how rare is this bottle, and what is it worth?

And to think, I bought it for $19.95.

slugplate

Reaction score
Excellent pickup. As it alludes to in the article, it seems they only use that manufacturers mark for a short time. There has to be a Coca-Cola expert out there. Maybe check on YouTube for people who know about them. I think "Southern Searcher" and "Adventure Archeology" may provide some insight. They do have online stores of their finds and most likely a website to reach them.

Screwtop

Reaction score
Excellent pickup. As it alludes to in the article, it seems they only use that manufacturers mark for a short time. There has to be a Coca-Cola expert out there. Maybe check on YouTube for people who know about them. I think "Southern Searcher" and "Adventure Archeology" may provide some insight. They do have online stores of their finds and most likely a website to reach them.

I'm friends with Clayton actually. He's scratching his head, and trying to find someone to help me.

slugplate

Reaction score
I'm friends with Clayton actually. He's scratching his head, and trying to find someone to help me.
That's great about Clayton... he digs his a$$ off in the videos, great channel. I learn a lot from them. Being a northerner, I don't uncover many hutches or great sodas. Anyway, maybe 'Southern Searcher' has a clue, he's a soda bottle fiend.

Screwtop

Reaction score
That's great about Clayton... he digs his a$$ off in the videos, great channel. I learn a lot from them. Being a northerner, I don't uncover many hutches or great sodas. Anyway, maybe 'Southern Searcher' has a clue, he's a soda bottle fiend.

Clayton is a whiz at researching.

I have a bottle he found creek walking.

DSC_0817.jpg

slugplate

Reaction score
Cool, love it. A straight sided Pepsi and/or Coke are on my bucket list. Send my regards to Clayton.

Screwtop

Reaction score
Cool, love it. A straight sided Pepsi and/or Coke are on my bucket list. Send my regards to Clayton.

Will do.

I actually got into collecting Coca Cola straight sides from watching their channel. Straight side Cokes, Pepsi, and the ever present Birmingham Bottling Works, lol! I wish to find a dump one day like they have, 15 feet below the ground, digging awesome stuff...

slugplate

Reaction score
Will do.

I actually got into collecting Coca Cola straight sides from watching their channel. Straight side Cokes, Pepsi, and the ever present Birmingham Bottling Works, lol! I wish to find a dump one day like they have, 15 feet below the ground, digging awesome stuff...
They find some creek walking too! They're unbelievable. I've taken a page out their book and began walking some creeks near me, to no avail. Mostly early crown top beers and an occasional '20s-30s "Art Deco" soda - all of which have been local.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp