A Big THANK YOU...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epackage

Reaction score
Just want to say thanks to those who emailed me or sent me PM's regarding the safety of myself and that of my family during the storm. We are all ok and North Jersey got off very light. The storm had no water on the northside when it came to rain, it was actually very bizarre, a ton of wind and downed trees and power lines but it never really rained. Please pray for those people in South Jersey and all the other eastern areas hit hard by the storm. Some of the forums finest people were in the direct path of the storm and it will be many many months of cleanup. I just pray that they are safe as well as their families, homes can be rebuilt, cars can be purchased, but I worry about the health of all those south of me.

My aunt and uncle are on the bay side of Long Beach Island, which got pounded, and they won't know the fate of their home until tomorrow morning, but it does not look good. Wheeleh's grandparents are also in the same neighborhhod so I'll be praying for their home as well, Oldihtractor(John) and SteveSewell were in the direct path of the destruction along with many others. I'm not very religious but I ask that you all keep them in your thoughts and prayers, they're gonna need it now more than ever... Again, thanks to all who prayed for us, we needed it....God Bless....Jim

Plumbata

Reaction score
I'm not religious either, but a vicious and devastating storm like that might serve as a "baptism by fire" (or water...) for me. Time, and potential future rough experience may tell.

I am truly joyful that you are fine, and genuinely hope that everybody else weathered the calamity safely. Not just those here; but everyone else as well.

I don't pray to any God, but dammit i pray; to whatever force or forces which exist out there; the powers which are so vast and powerful and complex that my own mind couldn't possibly comprehend entirely what they truly are in a billion or in an infinitely greater number of years. I pray to the tangible goodness out there which so clearly exists; the goodness that I can barely understand however it is manifested in reality, and pray for the happiness and safety of all good people. I may be more Buddhist than Christian in thinking, were it to be forced into a category, but the core sentiment is no different.

Take care Jim, and absolutely everyone else. I hope it all works as best as it possibly can.

ktbi

Reaction score
Glad to hear you are OK Jim. Very scary what happened all up and down the East Coast - especially your neighborhood. Take care....Ron

hunting262

Reaction score
Ya I'm glad too also good thing the storm didn't go north anymore then you and your house would be way worse off.[;)]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac