A born-again collector here from Charleston, West Virginia!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MountainMan304

Reaction score
Hi everybody, as I said in the title I'm getting started collecting again after 10ish (?) years. In starting over, I've centered my focus to Charleston, WV bottles (and other items, like national banknotes and exonumia) as my old collection was a bit all over the place and not everything was meaningful to me. So, needless to say, let me know if you have any Charleston bottles you'd be willing to let go of! Also, I'm looking for digging buddies. I'm in my last semester of college now; it's amazing how time flies--though I'm sure I'm a younger user here.

When I was involved in collecting, I had located a couple of unknown bottles that I can't find again. I assume that I sold them when I became more interested in girls than bottles... Anyway, it's good to be back again. I think I might also collect West Virginia straight sided Cokes, as I always found those so exciting when I found them as a younger guy.

MountainMan304

Reaction score
Also, have bottles become more expensive?? I swear I used to be able to buy a common SS Coke for maybe $20 at most, but now people are selling them for $70! Hell, even the average milk is up to $40.

Reaction score
Hello Mountain man , I am Bottle Digger Al and I live in Michigan . My wife is from West Virginia and was just done there a few weeks back for a family funeral . Under better circumstances we do like to get down more often .
We are both into bottle digging but havent had an oportunity to do and West Virginia digging , most of our time is spent metal detecting and bottle digging up north here . We do love a good privy or trash pit dig , can be back breaking but very rewarding at times . We would love to come down and do some digging with you , would give us another reason to come down and visit some family . If you find yourself interested in making a couple new friends we would be more than willing and interested in doing some digging with you down in your area .
Have a great day and good weather...
Take care
Al & Teresa ( Michigan )

MountainMan304

Reaction score
Hello Mountain man , I am Bottle Digger Al and I live in Michigan . My wife is from West Virginia and was just done there a few weeks back for a family funeral . Under better circumstances we do like to get down more often .
We are both into bottle digging but havent had an oportunity to do and West Virginia digging , most of our time is spent metal detecting and bottle digging up north here . We do love a good privy or trash pit dig , can be back breaking but very rewarding at times . We would love to come down and do some digging with you , would give us another reason to come down and visit some family . If you find yourself interested in making a couple new friends we would be more than willing and interested in doing some digging with you down in your area .
Have a great day and good weather...
Take care
Al & Teresa ( Michigan )
Hi Al, I'm sorry to hear about why you were in West Virginia. Those are definitely unfortunate circumstances.

I'd be very interested in you two coming to visit to go digging with me. The problem is that right now I don't have an area to dig at. When I do, you two will be the first to know. Stay in touch!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado