A Chew of Jersey

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: kwalker

"In 1948, Barnegat City was renamed as Barnegat Light. The motivations for this renaming were both to honor the legacy of the lighthouse (which was decommissioned four years earlier) and also to disambiguate itself from nearby Barnegat Township."

Wikipedia [&:]

Just curious Matt, but what other seaside meds do you have in your collection?
Barnegat and Barnegat Light are two totally different towns, Barnegat is on the mainland and Barnegat Light is on Long Beach Island...

kwalker

Reaction score
Rats! My mistake, that's why I live in the southern half of the state. Where I live there's just farmland [8D]

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Apparently, Snooki is a member of the cast of MTV's great contribution to mankind; the TV show known as "Jersey Shore" and a pic of her can be found in this thread. I've never seen the show, in fact I don't have cable TV (only during painting/baseball season) but from what I've heard about it, whoever hasn't seen it is enjoying a higher quality of life. To those who HAVE seen it, well.. you have my condolences.

rebexter

Reaction score
I know this is a long shot given how old the original message is, but does anyone know what became of this bottle? My maternal grandmother is from the Chew family of Barnegat, NJ. They moved away in the 1930's. I don't know their full history before then. I think perhaps J W Chew is an ancestor of mine and I would love to track down this bottle.
Found this J W CHEW druggist from BARNEGAT NJ.
Weird town name, possibly where Snookie is from?

Not what I collect. Put it for sale on the free bottle sales site.

05779C31ED474E44AB36911BEF00BABB.jpg

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
I know this is a long shot given how old the original message is, but does anyone know what became of this bottle? My maternal grandmother is from the Chew family of Barnegat, NJ. They moved away in the 1930's. I don't know their full history before then. I think perhaps J W Chew is an ancestor of mine and I would love to track down this bottle.
Click on their username and then click on the START CONVERSATION that will send a message to their last known email address. In all likelihood it is a waste of time as they have not been active since 2013. Good luck. Do a search of feeBay and faRcebook. Slim chance, but the odds will be better than this old post.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado