A Compendium Of The Columbia Show

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ncbred

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: OsiaBoyce

Got these from Randy.

Both date from 1940. On left from Wilson on right Forrest City, both N.C. towns.

4DBE89C7A2404B8DA91C9170C1AAA7D5.jpg

99.9% of those Wootens have chipped labels or are missing alot of paint. Much like the Slaughters of Mount Airy. I've got a perfect tall Wootens and a smaller one with about 90% of the ACL. Not sure if my tall one has a frosted neck or not though.

beendiggin

Reaction score
Thanks for the nice pics of the show Pat. Glad you scored some good old ones.

Hope the evil one sees the error of his ways soon.

acls

Reaction score
Glad you bought your camera.

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
Thanks yall.​
See something you like Matt? I did give you the right info did I not? He had a wide selection.......but like I said the prices were a bit much.​
Dennis, it came off of the 'Canada Dry' at he top of this page. The bottle is from the Laurens Glass Works and dated 1963. The crown reads.......
Dietary
Glamor
Cola
...................................................... w/ no mention of 'Canada Dry' or their shield.

Though no mention of CD I'm quiet sure it is the original crown.

Jim, most of the acls pictured here for are from Northen states. Only one dealer had an all Southern assortment, and it was quiet small. For some reason regional bottles get snatched up as soon as they hit the market....................then we do not have any..................or very few crappers to dig out, and no glass houses down here untill the early 1900s.

For that reason I would venture to guess is why sodas/acls are the main [imo] venue for collecting in the South.

rmckin

Reaction score
Osia,
Great pics of the show. I'll make it someday,I hope. I really like the 7UP, being that I have a Brother living in Greenville.
Ron

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
..................................and Dustin, my 7oz. 'Wootens' is beat all to hell. I've only seen one 'Slaughters' that was not beat to death, and the person selling it thought it was made out of gold.........................and I think I bought it.

There's also one or two others from N.C. that always looks bad when you find them. One is, and you ever seen a good 'Made Rite'?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky