A Couple of Nice Orange Crushes

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Canadacan

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! Canadacan, that's a good thought, I suppose it could be Mexican. There's no other writing or anything besides the Orange Crush on both sides, so I guess the only way to tell would be to identify the makers mark on the base.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone have any idea what the large amber ones usually sell for? I don't think I've ever actually seen one for sale. Thanks!

Yes I checked the makers mark catalog and did not see anything, a few similar but from the wrong era. I would guess that 26oz Canadian amber would go for $200-500. Several years ago I had a chance at one but just wasn't flush enough, the price was 175.

Oh I do have the clear Canadian one though :)

20170227_131310.jpg

Last edited:

jblaylock

Reaction score
Question: I have 2 Mae West style OCs, same bottler, but one is smooth and the other is "wrinkley/dimpled" Is there a significance?

bubbas dad

Reaction score
i haven't kept up with the values but around 5 or 6 years ago the 26 oz amber mae west crush bottle were going for around $800 and up for one in like new condition. not sure about recent values. i never could afford one for my collection.

ACLbottles

Reaction score
i haven't kept up with the values but around 5 or 6 years ago the 26 oz amber mae west crush bottle were going for around $800 and up for one in like new condition. not sure about recent values. i never could afford one for my collection.

Wow, that's insane! I never would've expected them to go for that much. Thank you and Canadacan both for the info!

mrosman

Reaction score
Have seen a lot of O.C. bottles over the years, but never with the print that appears on the brown bottle... perhaps it is Mexican, but still have not seen it amongst my Mexican bottles in the past. The embossing on the base does not appear similar to the 'standard' Dominion Glass. Very unusual... please give us any followup.
Michael

ACLbottles

Reaction score
Have seen a lot of O.C. bottles over the years, but never with the print that appears on the brown bottle... perhaps it is Mexican, but still have not seen it amongst my Mexican bottles in the past. The embossing on the base does not appear similar to the 'standard' Dominion Glass. Very unusual... please give us any followup.
Michael

Michael, I haven't found anything out about it yet, but if I do I'll be sure post it.

new2bottles

Reaction score
I recently picked up two really nice Orange Crush bottles in a lot with some others. The first is a beautiful emerald green 28 oz. The base is embossed with Claremont / N. H. / Soda / Works, Inc. I believe these large green Orange Crushes are pretty scarce. A really nice-looking bottle!

View attachment 182168View attachment 182169View attachment 182170View attachment 182171

The next one is this 26 oz amber ACL Mae West style bottle. I believe this one is actually pretty rare. I think they were only made in Canada. I'm not very familiar with Canadian glass companies, but does the diamond on the base mean it's from the Dominion Glass Company? I'm a pretty big fan of this one too! Thanks for looking!

View attachment 182172View attachment 182173View attachment 182174
Can either of these be purchased? Thanks.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi