A few finds from the river and a short story to go with it

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

2find4me

Reaction score
A little History on the L.H. Meyer.Interesting story! Just recently I was doing some fishing and caught a big snapping turtle. Took me a while to get him off the hook, but at least I came back with most of my fingers. [:)]

botlguy

Reaction score
I know this thread is about a bottle but I just have to add that while fishing with my Grandson he hooked a Gull which attacked his trolled plug and it flew around with it. He reeled it to the boat and the battle was on. Whoda thunk it? We have pictures of the entire thing. Jim

iggyworf

Reaction score
Turtles have to eat also. Too many geese around these parts. Nothing but nasty poop machines.Great bottles though. I kayak alot but never looked for bottles in the river. going to have to start. Thats if my shoulder gets better.

botlguy

Reaction score
Spirit Bear said:
Shame. Sea Gulls are my favorite birds.
Just a point of clarification, he was released mostly unharmed, maybe a sore beak, on the other hand I came out the loser on the deal. Those suckers have sharp beaks and toes. Also, I believe there is no such thing, technically, as a SEA Gull, there are just various types of gulls. We have seen them 1,000 miles from any sea or ocean. I thought inquiring minds wanted to know.

2find4me

Reaction score
After many years of fishing on the beach, I have caught more of those gulls than I would like to remember. Chucking the the hooked shrimp high into the air, they would often swoop down and try to grab it. Fishing is one of my favorite hobbies along with bottles.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Sea Gulls is a general term, even my bird-crazy A.P. Environmental Science teacher calls them Sea Gulls to us poor slaves--he drug us to the waste-water treatment plant here just to watch birds in the settling lake! Ha ha!

2find4me

Reaction score
I guess I'll post a little History on the D.G. Hall, does it have an iron pontil?

botlguy

Reaction score
2find4me said:
I guess I'll post a little History on the D.G. Hall, does it have an iron pontil?
Same comment on this one as on the previous post. THANK YOU Sharon for all your online expertise. Now for a shamelessly personal plug, can you find me anything on WAW-WAW and / or WE-LI-KA. Both are sauce (I believe) but the WE-LI-KA could be a poison bottle of some sort. I have tried myself, others have helped some, but I am still looking for more. I'm almost computer illiterate. I am willing to pay for your time, either cash or bottle trade.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora