A good haul!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Roaddie

Reaction score
Catca16. Are you new to digging or new to posting. If you are new to digging, you are coming up with some awesome finds. The 'Wil Del' I believe stands for Wilmington, Delaware. Keep up the good work-I love your posts-although I am a little jealous.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Ohhhh so that’s what it’s called. I was calling it an octagon base for lack of knowing what it was haha! I’ve NEVER seen one before!
So the front has a really gorgeous “P E” in a neat font. The bottom of the bottle says the same. The back of the bottle is embossed “ Pebner bottler Wil, Del” it’s really nice looking. I’ve got maybe 6 or so of the hutch bottles but this is the only one that looks like this and it’s aqua. In great condition with the metal thingy in tact. Can’t find anything online about it saddly tho :/

Ohhhh so that’s what it’s called. I was calling it an octagon base for lack of knowing what it was haha! I’ve NEVER seen one before!
So the front has a really gorgeous “P E” in a neat font. The bottom of the bottle says the same. The back of the bottle is embossed “ Pebner bottler Wil, Del” it’s really nice looking. I’ve got maybe 6 or so of the hutch bottles but this is the only one that looks like this and it’s aqua. In great condition with the metal thingy in tact. Can’t find anything online about it saddly tho :/
,the metal thingy is a hutchinson stopper patented in 1879 by Charles G. Hutchinson. His invention consisted of a wire spring attached to a rubber seal. It replaced cork stoppers and was in use until 1912. A little history Catcat16!

Catcat16

Reaction score
Catca16. Are you new to digging or new to posting. If you are new to digging, you are coming up with some awesome finds. The 'Wil Del' I believe stands for Wilmington, Delaware. Keep up the good work-I love your posts-although I am a little jealous.

im somewhat new to digging yes about two years now. Yes it’s definitely for wil Del that’s right up the street from where I found it! I know I get jealous looking at other peoples posts on here all the time ha ha I feel like I don’t find anything near as nice as other people do on this site But I’m sure we all finBut I’m sure we all feel that way sometimes lol

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp