A hobnail lysol I dug last March, are these rare? Only one I've ever found

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Poison_Us

Reaction score
This is a KU-17 English Poison . Depending on the size will rate it between Scarce to Rare very rare. The rarest of the sizes are the 2.5” and the 8” I believe. Not sure on the 8” is entirely the correct measurement. Been a long time talking bottles. There are 5 sizes in all. The others are between these 2

Poison_Us

Reaction score
Ok, had to look on my own site to refresh my memory. Here is what I have:
KU-17
4 of the 6 known sizes from BDH (British Drug House).
5 3/4”, 4 3/4”, 3 1/2” & 2 1/2”.
3 1/2” is the most common, All other sizes are fairly hard to find. We have only seen 1 bottle with a label, and it said “Lysol” The missing sizes are 7.5” & 6.5”.
4 known of the 7.5”, 3 in private collections and 1 in a museum in England.

Poison_Us

Reaction score
Things keep coming to mind. Yes, traditionally Lysol came in Jug style bottles. And to see this with a Lysol label doesn’t necessarily mean that this is what came in it. Seen many applied labels people would attach to random antique bottles and try to pass them off. But it was the only one of these bottles I ever seen with a label still attached, whether by the maker or otherwise.

Reaction score
Thank you for that information, I need to read up on my poisons, I'm always amazed at how many variants there are! This one measures 4 3/4 (inches). They are a great bottle find, I've only ever had the one but a good find indeed

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu