Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

A little help ?

goodman1966

Jul 20, 2013
Shreveport La.
A friends father passed away recently and he called me and said he had some Mission soda bottles. I drove over to offer my condolences and advise him on what he might have. Most I think are common. But he did have a few with the city names on them. Help dating and if the city's are desirable. I will list all embossing I found on each. All are embossed "Mission Dry Corp" on the bottom.
From left to right. Black &white label / heel 6 34 / base 39 over L-G
2nd bottle B&W label No heel embossing, base 38 over L-G over 2
3rd bottle B&W label back label says Mission Bottling Co Dallas Texas
4th B&W label Joplin, MO. On front base has Anchor Hocking symbol with 9 to the right over 5103 over 5
5th all black label front and back, back label says Sandahl Beverages over Austin Texas, heel marked 4 L G W 0[attachment=image(ZI).jpg]

[attachment=image.jpg]
[attachment=image(FH).jpg]
Oops middle picture is bottle #5 !😳

squirtbob

Sep 6, 2012
I'm not sure about value but they all look like bottles from the late 30's to 1940. (1938, 1939, 1940) I would imagine that the backs have the good housekeeping seal on them.

iggyworf

Mar 13, 2013
S.E. Michigan
Those dates sound right to me. Very nice. I have one Mission bottle. But it is not as old. 1952 from Ferndale Michigan, 10 oz. Yours may be more desirable because of the age. [attachment=mission f & b.jpg]

2find4me

Feb 28, 2012
Nice early Missions, they look to be around the $10-20 range, the Joplin or Dallas could bring about $30 at most if rarer towns.

goodman1966

Jul 20, 2013
Shreveport La.
They do have the Good House Keeping Seal. The guy I got these from has more, there packed away in a barn right now. When I go back we will pull them all out. Then he wants to sell them. Thanks for all the info guys ! I will post them and offer them here for sale when we pull them out ! Mitch

Johnnysoda

Mar 10, 2015
Please do! I have a full mission lemonade from the 50s but I'm interested in seeing the ones you pull out. Joplin is not that rare of a town, it is smaller but I see a lot of missions from there at my work. None seem to be older then the 40s

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Horbie96