A Million change your collection??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

passthebottle

Reaction score
Curious to know if you suddenly came into some good fortune, lets say a million dollars, how would this effect your collection if at all??
Would you stop collecting bottles altogether? Would you throw out your collection and start over? Would you keep on digging ?
It would cretainly change your life but what about your collection, going from a poor man"s hobby to a rich man's hobby. BTW this hasn't happened to me yet.

Poison_Us

Reaction score
Would keep on as we always have...but the acquisitions would increase by far.
Actually, the money would go to pay off all our bills, buy a house and new cars, furniture, etc.
Invest what was left if there was enough to do so, or put it in the bank and have a cushion.

TJSJHART

Reaction score
yes steve you got it right...pay the bills new big house new trucks and cars, furniture . and buying lots of bottles to fill the empty rooms then the cushion in the bank...and a life of leisure...

sandchip

Reaction score
Pay off all debt, get the house right, edumicate the young'uns, get the wifums what she wants, build a classy room to display my stuff, then head to Mike's to talk him out of a few iffin I gots anything left.

Jim

Reaction score
This is always fun to think about. The first thing I would do would be to buy a big, old house. I would pay off my existing house and probably keep it as a rental. I wouldn't really need to if I had that much $$$, but I don't think I would want to get rid of it.

After that, I would buy a new vehicle for my wife and myself, and stash a good bit away for the future. I would still collect local bottles first and foremost, and would buy every one I found that I needed as soon as I saw it. No more "bottle budget" [:)].

I would have to add a shelf of assorted goodies that I don't really collect now. A line of figural bitters and colored flasks would be nice. I'm too cheap to buy them now, but with an extra million around, I would treat myself to some eye candy. ~Jim

Poison_Us

Reaction score
Mongo like candy!

60205.jpg

cyberdigger

Reaction score
..one mil? ..ohh yea.. swear that's all I need, would never ask for another cent, promise.. just one time pleeeeeease!!

264016336FF44D35834F1E64A6C45E07.jpg

Attachments

• 264016336FF44D35834F1E64A6C45E07.jpg
    264016336FF44D35834F1E64A6C45E07.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 60

athometoo

Reaction score
you mean there really is such a thing as a million dollars . i thought they just made that up to keep us poor folks wishing . kinda like the texas lottery [sm=tongue.gif] sam

riverdiver

Reaction score
I would re-invest half of it, pay off my debts with the other half, quit my job and dive every day for the rest of my life for bottles and other artifacts with my son Jonathan. We would keep what we already have (bottles) because no amount of money is going to replace all of those great memories, still resist buying anything because we are firm believers that any bottle we want can be recovered by digging and diving, that way the quest and fun never ends!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac