A River of Coca-Colas & More!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

splante

Reaction score
wow those cleaned up very well, and I like how your not giving any clues or details on locaton. Loose lips sink ships. Once too many people get wind,then everyone shows up and trhe no trespassing signs go up.. I think one of the spots we put kayaks in will be shut down by the city soon, noticed 3 or 4 jeeps with metal detactors twice in the last week, they are under cutting the bank so much its gonna make it dangerous for people walking on top of the banks. good luck goo hunting and lets do it again soon

sandchip

Reaction score
Sounds like an awesome spot. Keep on keepin' on!

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
Thanks Jim for the info. It actually reads H'B'G', so perhaps a really funky abbreviation for Harrisburg? I wonder if they charged by the letter and "J.P.F." was a really cheap fellow.

splante

Reaction score
Taylor what was the name of that green bottle you found that was broken , you siad it was the first you had seen in green, was it a bitters? I want to keep an eye out for it. Jeeps were back again starting to attract attention I notice a cranston cop questioning them while I was walking my dog. Hopefully that will keep them away for awhile so I can dig in that spot ...is that wrong of me?

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RIBottleguy

Thanks Jim for the info. It actually reads H'B'G', so perhaps a really funky abbreviation for Harrisburg? I wonder if they charged by the letter and "J.P.F." was a really cheap fellow.
I would have to agree with your assessment on that being a Harrisburg abbreviation

creeper71

Reaction score
I called a friend of mine that collects Harrisburg Bottles , It is a Harrisburg Pa Bottle

He said if cleaned probly 30.00 on a good day

http://www.sodasandbeers.com/SABShowBottle.aspx?Bottle=58674AA&Firm_Number=58674

Bottle 58674AA - F., J. P., & Company

Embossed: (
archdown.gif
) J. P. F. / (
archdown.gif
) & Co. / (
archdown.gif
) H'BG. / (
archup.gif
) PA. (all in round plate) // // b // (plain)

Dimensions: 9 x ?

Manufacturer: Not Known

Material:
Glass
Design:
None
Mold Type:
Two Leaf Mold

Form:
Cylindrical
Edge Design:
None
Plate Mold:
Yes

Shape:
Champagne Beer
Base Design:
None
Plate Code:
None

Sides:

Shoulder Design:
None
Sealed:
No

Sunken Panels:
None

Pictures: None

Notes: Details are not certain. The "A" in "PA" is raised and underlined.

Variants

Aqua, Smooth Base, Rounded Taper, Hand Blown, Metal Lightning Stopper, Harrisburg, PA, United States
Comments: None
Contributor/Source: Larry Grotz
[/align]

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
Steve,
I have no clue what it was, I'd need to see it again. Odds are I'll never see a whole one, or never recognize it if I do.

Rob,
Thanks a ton! I should have checked it on that site but didn't. I'm surprised it could be worth that much. Mine's def. the $5 version lol

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp