A Tale of 2 Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

deep digger

Reaction score
Did somebody say Bridgeton??? This is also a tale of two sodas. The DT Davis was later peened out for the L Gahre Porter & Ale IP soda. DEEP[:D]

F2D356AED8D447A68E8AB6B717033F7D.jpg

Attachments

• F2D356AED8D447A68E8AB6B717033F7D.jpg
    F2D356AED8D447A68E8AB6B717033F7D.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 97

jays emporium

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Oldihtractor

425.. 500.. ouch!! 600 700... and so on.. finally Sold.. I own it.

John, I admire what you did. You knew you wanted that bottle so you bought it. There are so many on this forum that find their dream bottle and refuse to buy it because the price is too high. You got yours. Congratulations.

Lordbud

Reaction score
There are so many on this forum that find their dream bottle and refuse to buy it because the price is too high.

Yeah, I know the feeling - I've got so much extra money in my checking account - but if the price is "too high" I always "refuse" to buy the bottle...right...[:-] nevertheless glad OldHi got a good 'un.[8D]

Lodzaglass

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Oldihtractor

After a long time looking I managed to aquire a mate to my L Ghare mineral water from Bridgeton NJ

As the tale goes.. I was eating dinner when the phone rings.. HEY!! Why are you not at the auction?? HUH?? whats the big deal.. (every friday night there is a local I call it Junk auction) theres bottles here pontiled ones.. that Fithian green thing from bridgeton.... my fork drops (I get the what is it this time and how much is this gonna cost!! ) I wish the family well mutter "this one is gonna hurt" and off I go 9 miles to the auction house..

I see it in the case and take a look a couple minor pecks on some embossing but an overall sold mostly clean Fithian's green iron pontiled mineral water Bridgeton NJ ( History of this bottle they made it pontiled in cobalt blue and green and then later used the same mold peening out the Fithian's name and embossing the other side with L. Gahre but making it smooth base)

1273D4F0356B4691ABC5361EF123A9E2.jpg

So the bottle makes it's way up to the block and the bidding progrsses $ 200 300 400 and stops few this is gonna be a good day!! opps 425.. 500.. ouch!! 600 700... and so on.. finally Sold.. I own it.. reality sets in.. woowhoo I got a pontiled Bridgeton.. but at a cost.. there are just a handfull of these around so I am glad to have the chance to purchase and own this great piece of local history!!

Great story!.

Congratulations on your fabulous purchase.

Hopefully a sound purchase.

Certainly a beautiful bottle.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Congrats on your big purchase.

It was the best of bottles, it was the worst of bottles . . .

Oldihtractor

Reaction score
Deep Nice bottles. I can only hope for a blue one to come up for sale or pop out of the ground someday.. When I got the call about this green one didn't matter the $$ it was coming home..

I have the Gahre Porter and would like a D T Davis some day..

How's the deer hunting goping in the north??

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky