Abandoned house

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bottles r LEET

Reaction score
I need some advice. I know of an old abandoned house. It is a very old house. It's is stable, not caving in or anything. I looked in it when I was younger, there were some coke cans, a couch, and some other rubbish, along with a few semi-friendly cats. It was being lived in in the 1950s. Could this be a good place for bottles? The problem is that I don't know the owner. Is there any way to find out who owns the house? If it were in the middle of nowhere, I would go in. However, this house is in a residential neighborhood...

div2roty

Reaction score
I for one think trespassing is always a good idea.

Seriously, you should look into who owns the house. Town records would help, but you could also ask the neighbors. I doubt the cats would know however.

Anthonicia

Reaction score
I have been in your position quite a few times. I can tell u that I went in every single one without permission. I am sure that the legal ramifications would stipulate trespassing. As long as you aren't tearing up the house while you are in there then I don't think anyone would have a huge problem with u going in and looking through "garbage".

If anyone approaches u and asks what u are doing just smile and be very polite. Tell them the truth. You aren't ripping copper pipes out the walls or anything. Don't worry too much about it bud!

Bottles r LEET

Reaction score
but you could also ask the neighbors

There's a problem with that... The neighbors are dead... Their houses were abandoned also and were torn down a couple years ago.

I would take your advice Anthonicia, but there is a sign with big red letters saying 'KEEP OUT.' The door is boarded up to boot.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
If you're old enough to wonder if it's OK or not, you're old enough to get took to the cop shop, so don't go in there.. probly not a good place for bottles anyhow..

Blackglass

Reaction score
I'm not shure if it would even be worth it. I wouldn't be surprised if the homeless live there every now and then. There was an old abandoned mill by the Pemi. river that I decided I'd take a look at. I don't know if it was gated off at that time (I think it was), but whatever the case I got in and looked around. Their were two moldy couches and trash dating from the 1980's-present everywhere. The building was very unstable. I went up a crooked staircase and peeked into the upper level. If I stepped on it I probably would have broken through the floor. All I saw was more trash, so I just left. They ended up tearing it down less then a year later. You never know, but with it being locked up with "KEEP OUT" signs, I think you'd have more luck looking somewhere else. Or better yet, find out who owns the place and see if said person would be okay with you looking around.

Anthonicia

Reaction score
The best building I ever searched was abandoned. Granted it was an out building, but it had a kids bottle collection from the 60's to early 80's in it. I found hillbilly mtn dews, white lightnings, sun drop, dr peppers, well u get the picture. Tons of acls. So, u never know. More times than not it is only garbage.

lexdigger

Reaction score
If it's even old enough to rummage through for bottles, I would look at the back yard before entering the house. If there are privies in the yard, as well as the yards to the houses that got tore down, then it may be worth trying to get permission to dig those. If the property is in poor condition, you could offer to clean the place up a little if they will let you dig the pits. If you pull some killer stuff out of the ground, it may be worth a look inside the crawl space or attic? You can get property owners names from the city records.

RedGinger

Reaction score
Try to find out who knows it, before digging any privies. There was a very old, beautiful abandoned house near my hometown, but it had signs, and a security system, so I never ventured near it. There was another one, which no one owned, and I wished I could buy. There was a lot of cool stuff in there. I even took Joe with me, when he visited me, but we didn't have a flashlight to get inside. I'll see if I can dig up a pic for you. The other thing is, you never know who or what might be living in there.

Definitely look into who owns it and get permission.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado