Abandoned house

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RedGinger

Reaction score
Here's mine. I'm not sure of the exact date on it. This is the one I was able to go into. Lots of neat furniture and stuff. Joe may have something to add about it.

76C313042CC34305B176FE26B3B71A2D.jpg

Attachments

• 76C313042CC34305B176FE26B3B71A2D.jpg
    76C313042CC34305B176FE26B3B71A2D.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 58

RedGinger

Reaction score
I know this is your thread, but I found some more cool pics. I'll just post one more for now. I also have a picture of an outbuilding and a chimney. The attic in this house, although big, is absolutely sweltering, with no air in the Summer. I like the little balcony up there.

7A2EAB9EE5F64E29B265E381E95D1CF2.jpg

Attachments

• 7A2EAB9EE5F64E29B265E381E95D1CF2.jpg
    7A2EAB9EE5F64E29B265E381E95D1CF2.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 66

dogtx

Reaction score
Go to the City hall and find out.
City Assessor , Just get the address

Bottles r LEET

Reaction score
It's an old house. It is 3 stories. You can tell it's old just by looking at it. It does have some lawn. Since it had houses on either side of it, I don't think it would have had dump. My Grandfather did oil work there in the '40s once he was out of WWII. It's a real neat house. Apart from the garage, it is in good pretty good shape. It's not in a high crime area. It is in Windsor VT. Big grey house. Maybe some of our VT diggers will have seen it at some point or other.

old.s.bottles

Reaction score
If you do end up poking around in it, and you open any cabinets or drawers, just expect mice and other critters to be taking shelter there. They have given me a scare a couple times...[:D]

California Dream N

Reaction score
My 2 cents is since it is posted "Keep Out"..Go to the trouble to get permission or.. keep out... so you don't get in trouble. I live in Ca. and the folks here take those signs Seriously..Just my thoughts...Good Luck..Whatever you decide... Norene

creeper71

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: California Dream N

My 2 cents is since it is posted "Keep Out"..Go to the trouble to get permission or.. keep out... so you don't get in trouble. I live in Ca. and the folks here take those signs Seriously..Just my thoughts...Good Luck..Whatever you decide... Norene
I agree if it has a sign KEEP OUT.. That is what you do unless you have permission to be in there... or you more then likely be fined and/or arrested

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
Around here any abandoned, bank owned, or other wise empty house is fair game. Even empty and for sale homes are hit when the opportunity affords itself. No one around, slam it! This year alone, we have been busted several times while digging behind houses that were being shown by realtors and have yet to be booted. Most could care less and were actually interested in what was going on. We always leave the site neat and clean, with little physical evidence of our activities. The use of tarps and excellent compaction of the fill soil, plus all broken glass and pottery dumped in the bottom of the pit leaves the yard like we found it. Most are thrashed, anyway.

VA is for Diggers

Reaction score
I would definitely ask for permission if posted because some people really will call the cops; If the abandoned house is not posted, try to just drive directly in front, and don't look surprised if the owner or neighbor appears; it will be easier to ask. If they don't show up you could take a quick peek to see if it is worth asking for permission (reconnaissance).Run if you stumble upon any zombies!

riverdiver

Reaction score
Hi Ryan,

You seem to be spending a fair amount of time in Windsor...The Town Offices are located at 29 Union Street on top of the Police Dept which sits on top of the Fire Dept, it is the original High School building. The tax collector is on the 3rd floor, show her the address and request the owners info or a copy of the deed/tax records it will have all of the contact info. Then go downstairs and introduce yourself to the members of the PD and tell them about your hobby and what you are doing and why that way when they see you in town in some sketchy area's like River street you will be ok, they can usually tell you who owns what and the status of the structure. Just up the street from the FD is Mill Pond and next to the dam is an old wooden building, It is the Dr Paines Celery Compound Building (the old square bottles we all own). There is some killer digging to be done all along the shore of the Connecticut River so enjoy yourself and be friendly with the locals, they are a decent group of folks.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18