Age Query

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

UpcycleAnnie

Reaction score
Got this ink bottle in a box of ornaments from an auction. Think it could be antique but can't find anything similar online. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 20200207_192814.jpg
    20200207_192814.jpg
    417 KB · Views: 277

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Definitely an antique, looks like it dates to around 1900, give or take a decade or so. Fairly unusual design, do you know what country it comes from? The name "Safety Bottle and Ink Syndicate" is also pretty unusual.

UpcycleAnnie

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Definitely an antique, looks like it dates to around 1900, give or take a decade or so. Fairly unusual design, do you know what country it comes from? The name "Safety Bottle and Ink Syndicate" is also pretty unusual.
It has "LONDON AND BIRMINGHAM; ALSO NEW YORK AND TORONTO" on the label but nothing more specific.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Wow that was quite the international company, the bottle doesn't look particularly British to me but I guess it could be. Unless you're in the UK, I'd guess that yours comes from either the New York or Toronto branch.

UpcycleAnnie

Reaction score
Wow that was quite the international company, the bottle doesn't look particularly British to me but I guess it could be. Unless you're in the UK, I'd guess that yours comes from either the New York or Toronto branch.
Thanks for your advice. Very helpful.

UpcycleAnnie

Reaction score
Thanks very much for confirming. This was definitely the correct place to come to get advice.

jarhead67

Reaction score
Looks like a bottle of mucilage like my great grandfather had on his desk. Love the old office type stuff with labels. Make a bland office look great.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown