AHK Jar Identify

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MM43

Reaction score
After my mother's death at the age of 96, I was going through her attic and found a box of Mason type jars. Found this AHK jar with a metal handle. The AHK logo has a line around it. Below it on left is a sideways 3. Below that is 713. Jar is 9 inches tall. The handle ends go into the glass but not through it. I suspect this jar contained a product but am not sure.
Kerr Bottle w Metal Handle.JPGKerr Top Side.JPGKERR Bottom AHK Lined.JPGKerr Bottom 713.JPG

jarsnstuff

Reaction score
Jar probably came with vinegar or apple juice. Earlier Kerr jar, AHK stands for Alexander H. Kerr. I'm not sure when Kerr stopped putting his initials on the base, maybe in the 1960's - that's just a guess.

MM43

Reaction score
I wonder if the line around the AHK would help date it. I've done some looking but haven't found it yet.

Astokes85

Reaction score
Hey i was thinking of adding this jar to my collection, but I've been searching online, Red Book, groups etc. for some information and cannot find anything.
It seems to be a capital T with a number 3 on the base and no unmarked, that i see.

Regardless i think i am going to add it, i just would like the history or background. Any help if any is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys. (it is the only picture, unfortunately she lives 2 hours away and we had somewhat of a difficult time of me helping her take and send me a picture)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220713-133812_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20220713-133812_Messenger.jpg
    627.3 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

jarsnstuff

Reaction score
Hey i was thinking of adding this jar to my collection, but I've been searching online, Red Book, groups etc. for some information and cannot find anything.
It seems to be a capital T with a number 3 on the base and no unmarked, that i see.

Regardless i think i am going to add it, i just would like the history or background. Any help if any is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys. (it is the only picture, unfortunately she lives 2 hours away and we had somewhat of a difficult time of me helping her take and send me a picture)

This should help: https://sha.org/bottle/makersmarks.htm

Last edited:

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu