Alabama Diggers?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

sandchip

Reaction score
I'm in Georgia, same spot all my life, and a little too far to travel to dig, but hope all you guys do well, because Alabama, in my opinion, has some of the very best and rarest bottles in the nation. The early and primitive Coster & Coxe from Montgomery, Cullum's Spring from Choctaw Co., Bailey Spring Water from Florence, Talladega Sulphur Water and the incredibly rare Easley's Saloon from Huntsville, one of the coolest historic flasks out there, bar none. Gotta be more out there, so best of luck!

rebel1

Reaction score
I'm in Georgia, same spot all my life, and a little too far to travel to dig, but hope all you guys do well, because Alabama, in my opinion, has some of the very best and rarest bottles in the nation. The early and primitive Coster & Coxe from Montgomery, Cullum's Spring from Choctaw Co., Bailey Spring Water from Florence, Talladega Sulphur Water and the incredibly rare Easley's Saloon from Huntsville, one of the coolest historic flasks out there, bar none. Gotta be more out there, so best of luck!
I'm a 77 year old newbie. I've waded four creeks and all I've founded is the bottom 1/3 of a '56 coke bottle. I catch is knowing where to wade and dirt. I'm trying. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Harvie

hemihampton

Reaction score

Do you have a Pic of this Easleys Flask? would love to see it., I visit Huntsville often but never dug there. LEON.

P.S. Don't forget most off the good Coke Hutch's come from Alabama.

phillyphil

Reaction score
Do you have a Pic of this Easleys Flask? would love to see it., I visit Huntsville often but never dug there. LEON.

I found this a week ago

Attachments

• IMG_20221221_114138.jpg
    IMG_20221221_114138.jpg
    291.7 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20221220_152951.jpg
    IMG_20221220_152951.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 80

sandchip

Reaction score

I saved these from a post here or on FB by somebody who apparently has the flask now. The kicker is that several years ago, I had it, one of the two known C.T. Bond flasks from New Albany, Mississippi, and the Fitzpatrick from Chattanooga all lined up on the shelf in my shop. The owner offered all three to settle a 6K debt on another deal. My dumbass passed on the insanely generous offer, and needless to say, I have kicked myself ever since. I have to say it was meant to be, I guess, because a couple of months later, I needed every penny on April 15, but that's just life. These aren't the best pictures, but they're all I've seen. This is the half-pint. There is a badly damaged quart pictured in McKearin/Wilson on page 429. Both sizes are the only examples known. If there's a half-pint and a quart, you know dang well there's a pint out there somewhere. There may be more beautiful flasks, but it's hard to beat this mold for cool.

Attachments

• easley.jpg
    easley.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 80
  • easley1.jpg
    easley1.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 86

hemihampton

Reaction score
Thanks for Pic. Cool, never heard of it or seen it before. Here in Michigan we dug a super rare flask. My buddy tells me only one other one was known & it came up for Auction for first time ever like just 3 years before we dig ours & that it got broke while at Auction. That made ours only the 2nd one known & only whole undamaged one known. It only got like $7-8 hundred at auction. It was pretty plain looking though. I need to dig one of those when I'm in Huntsville next time. LOL. Merry Christmas. LEON.

hemihampton

Reaction score
After doing some research, only 2 Saloons listed in Huntville in 1850's-60's & none of the 2 Easley's. BUT, Easley did own a Hotel that had a Bar/Saloon. He was also known as town Undertaker. Found an Interesting Article from 2015 where they did some massive Construction on the Old Easley Hotel Site. Where they say they found Relics. After reading the Article it makes you wonder how many Easley Saloon Flask got hauled away to the Landfill. LEON.

HughEasley2015Article.JPG

sandchip

Reaction score
I've heard that Andrew Jackson used to visit Huntsville frequently and would hang out at Easley's. And you're so right, no telling what was hauled away. Geez...

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp