All the marbles I've found digging dumps

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Drift

Reaction score
Was wondering if anybody could tell me anything about these. I understand the solid colors and cat eyes aren't special, but I believe the really cool swirly one is an M.F. Christensen. I literally don't know anything else. I was showing another digger that marble I had just dug and it was very clear he was desiring it, lol. :p

Attachments

• 20200922_085834.jpg
    20200922_085834.jpg
    824.2 KB · Views: 363
Last edited:

RCO

Reaction score
I've found the odd marble over the years but don't really collect them or know anything about them , might be a couple saved in the garage somewhere , I'd imagine there is a lot of them out there if you check the right places

embe

Reaction score
Looks like you have a few 30's to 50's American marbles in there, I see at least Vitro, Akro, and Peltier. If you mean the swirly red one? is what most collectors refer to as "slags" but red slags were made by multiple companies (other than MFC).

If I find a marble in the rough, that's a good day for me

Reaction score
Was wondering if anybody could tell me anything about these. I understand the solid colors and cat eyes aren't special, but I believe the really cool swirly one is an M.F. Christensen. I literally don't know anything else. I was showing another digger that marble I had just dug and it was very clear he was desiring it, lol. :p
Definitely a slag marble of some kind. Not too sure if it’s MFC or not. If it has a swirl that forms into a 9 then it definitely is. Sweet marbles though either way. I always enjoy when one pops up after a bit of a slow period.

GRACE ABOUND

BIRD SWING
Reaction score
If You Go ON E-Bay Type In Antique And Vintage Marbles .They Will Show You All The Different Kinds Of Marbles .They Also Have Free Appraisers . But A One Shot Deal .If Its A Good Marble He Mite Buy It. But I Have Never Sold Any .But I Look At Theirs.

Attachments

• IMG_0297[5526].jpg
    IMG_0297[5526].jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 283

GRACE ABOUND

BIRD SWING
Reaction score
If You Go ON E-Bay Type In Antique And Vintage Marbles .They Will Show You All The Different Kinds Of Marbles .They Also Have Free Appraisers . But A One Shot Deal .If Its A Good Marble He Mite Buy It. But I Have Never Sold Any .But I Look At Theirs.

treeguyfred

Reaction score
My favorite site for TRUE factual information re: playing marbles ... is Alan Basinet's site MarbleAlan. Unfortunately we lost Alan several years ago, RIP. Fortunately though, another trusted friend/ disciple of Alan's has revamped and reorganized the site. https://buymarbles.com/marblealanhome.html
I just went on it and navigated around and it's good - no broken links and just about anything you want to know about marble identifying is there! It's huge and there are links to all features of the site on every page and there are main links at the bottom of most pages. I give it a huge recommendation!
~Fred

Last edited:

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Love the marbles. Did you find that lacy glass piece in the same area? Could help give an age.
ROBBYBOBBY64

Mjbottle

Reaction score
My favorite site for TRUE factual information re: playing marbles ... is Alan Basinet's site MarbleAlan. Unfortunately we lost Alan several years ago, RIP. Fortunately though, another trusted friend/ disciple of Alan's has revamped and reorganized the site. https://buymarbles.com/marblealanhome.html
I just went on it and navigated around and it's good - no broken links and just about anything you want to know about marble identifying is there! It's huge and there are links to all features of the site on every page and there are main links at the bottom of most pages. I give it a huge recommendation!
~Fred
I checked out that marble site, it is very cool with alot of great info, litteraly "marbles 101"..
Thanks for.posting that

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panama Canal digger