Allan's It's Lithiated

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JKL

Reaction score
Allan's Beverages is a beverage company out of Montreal started in 1882 and operated until the 1970s. I have an opportuity to pick up a case of 24 of these bottles in the original crate. Bottle is reg'd as 1939. Can anyone tell me if this is actually a soda bottle. I assume it is because 7-Up was once called a lithiated beverage but want to make sure before forking over some cash.
Allans Its Litiated.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
found a picture of a slightly different Allan's beverages bottle from montreal , it was definitely a soda bottler .

allansbeverages-montreal.jpg

I haven't seen the bottle in your picture before though , there was soda bottles in that shape in that time period being used in Canada . it pretty much has to be a soda bottle , couldn't see what else it could be

iggyworf

Reaction score
Very cool. I have been slowly listing soda's with lithia in them and will add this one to the list.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Interesting, I've never seen that particular Allan's before. It looks like quite an early ACL.

JKL

Reaction score
Ok, thanks for the information. I told the gent I would buy them from him. I will pay his price of $100 for case and 24 bottles after an inspection.
I will post a picture once I pick them up
I appreciate the feedback.

JKL

Reaction score
I picked up the bottles yesterday.
Case is beautiful and assume it's from around the 1939 mark, same as the bottles.
The case has 24 bottles. 23 are the same and have "It's lithiated" on the barrel of the bottle. One has Allan's on the neck but no "It's Lithiated"
This is a nice find. It came from a picker's private collection.
I assume the case is worth about $50 which means I paid $2 per bottle. Pretty happy with that.

I have looked into Litiated beverages since seeing these and can't believe this stuff was an ingredient in soda. In current times Lithium is a drug used to treat Depression, Bi Polar and those suffering with suicidal thoughts. Other sites said that Lithium Citrate is a mind altering drug. Amazing how close these early beverages were to pharma. Incredible!
Allans  2 variations.jpgAllan's Bottle Bottom.jpg20191205_101933.jpg20191205_102410.jpg20191205_101938.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
its interesting to see whats out there I recall being at an antique store once showing the owner a bottle and him telling me someone could walk in with an entire case of the bottle , guess you never know , someone could have an entire case lying around of a certain bottle .

although much less common to find an entire case of an unusual bottle than it is to only find 1

Canadacan

Reaction score
Cool stuff!.... yes it's crazy how many sodas had Lithium citrate in them, 7up being one of the big names with it.
So that one bottle you show with the base has a letter D= July/August ...I can't read the number though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora