Already looking forward to the "GREEN" of Spring.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
It's still Fall, Winter hasn't even started yet, and I am already looking forward to Spring. Bottles of bright colors are sought and treasured by most bottle collectors. Truth is there aren't many breweries that used green embossed beer bottles. Here are a few green PA beer bottles to brighten the day and lift our spirits. Enjoy.
groupGreen.JPG

GEHARD SNYDER EXCHANGE BREWERY / Bloomsburg, PA
PHILIP GROSSMAN BREWER / Franklin, PA
RETTIG BREWING CO. / Pottsville, PA

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Mean green bottles. I love the middle one, is it common? Always a pleasure looking at your pictures. Thanks for the post. ROBBYBOBBY64.

MEDIC-372

Reaction score
Yes...I am already tired of winter!!! 23 degrees, 10 inches of snow and very windy.
Question for you. What do you paint your bottles with?

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
Question for you. What do you paint your bottles with?
I am using white paint pens (see picture) to highlight the embossing for visibility. It is my personal preference. These pens are available in most craft stores. I like the fine tip ones best, but also use a medium tip. There are also CHALK MARKERS that look like the pens, but are easy removed so be careful handling after using the chalk. You can get markers or pens at Hobby Lobby or such. I also use toothpicks to clean off any over run of paint. This is done after the paint sets up for a minute or so. You can also add highlights and details to embossed graphic images with the toothpicks. If the bottle has roughness to it I also first dip them in acrylic floor wax and two coats usually does well. After the wax dries I then add the highlights. The wax allows for an easier removal of the paint should I choose to do so at a later date. I usually never remove the paint, but have done so on occasion.
pens.jpg

MEDIC-372

Reaction score
Thanks. I think that I will give it a shot. Your painted bottles look great and I have a couple that I’m going to try it on.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi