Always a welcome site.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
Been hiking several old home foundation sites that I've located on-line, tried another spot yesterday morning and came across this site. It turned out to be mostly late 40's through the 60's like most I find, but several more beers to add to the growing pile. I did finally find my first unbroken Fairmount made Glass Can for the Burger Brewing Co. that has the molded bottle cap opener on the bottom of the bottle, two more that were broken, I grabbed the main bottles I wanted and will return for a much more thorough dig, not pictured are about thirty more pop-top style Glass Cans/Handys that I haven't cleaned yet that came from this site as well. 20210425_093157.jpg20210425_093205.jpg20210425_124447.jpg20210425_124456 - Copy.jpgScreenshot_2020-05-07 NRBeers pdf.png

Last edited:

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Love hiking. Love bottles. Sounds like a blast. I know, i do this all the time. Another great spot RubyRoyal. Post anything you get or clean up. Thanks for the id on that ketchup.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
Love hiking. Love bottles. Sounds like a blast. I know, i do this all the time. Another great spot RubyRoyal. Post anything you get or clean up. Thanks for the id on that ketchup.
ROBBYBOBBY64.
Although most on this site don't care much for these time period beers, I have a liking for them and can add my own time period correct labels on them, the ones I'm mostly after anymore are the "Packie/1-Way style bottles, at least I found four more of those at that site, but I have a hard time leaving the other styles behind, so they come home with me as well, actually, I'm heading to the same area near this dump site again tomorrow morning.

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
Went to this same area again this morning, tried several other areas near former home sites. This area has several nice water run-offs and ravines, all looked promising, I did find glass and broken bottles in a few places but no real good actual dump site, I found a few random Glass cans dated from 1963 in a higher terrain area, so I worked my way back to the dump I found a few days ago and pulled out several more, including one more made by Fairmount with the molded in opener on the bottom, it was a fun hike though.20210427_120909.jpg

Last edited:

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
Had some time before the rain sets in to wash the just over thirty Glass Cans I haulded out Sunday from this site, which brings the total for those from this site to around 55, oddly out of all of them, one was made by Ball, that's a first for me (I think), as I haven't really looked through all of the many others I ve found and stored away over the last three years, but still don't recall any of those being made by Ball. I have found Packie and other style beers made by Ball, but this is the only Glass Can/Handy I found to date. I guess there's a reason I haul as many as I can back with me when I find them, I like finding odd or out of place bottles mixed within the others. the picture in post #4 were the ones I hauled out yesterday and washed then, the picture of the several others in this post were from Sundays haul.20210428_125530.jpg20210428_125622.jpg20210428_125405.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18