Am I on the right track (Pun Intended)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bohdan

Reaction score
Went Brick Hunting today and figured I will also try to find some insulators in the wild. There is an old interurban railroad I thought I would look around. Tracks are long gone but the poles are still up. I did some surface searching no digging and failed to find anything. The fallen leaves I’m sure didn’t help but this area goes through a well traveled area of trails etc. Wondering if it may have already been picked over and if it is worth my time. I was thinking of maybe digging around the poles next time out. Any advice is appreciated. I will include some photos of the area. View attachment 232594View attachment 232595

fredmcain

Reaction score
I've always been interested in interurbans and I was wondering, where is this exactly? I read through the thread, and didn't see where you said where this was located although I may have overlooked that.

gdog68

Reaction score
Yes, it’s a lot of fun! Can find them along creeks. The ones to look for are the ones with names embossed on them. Here are my keepers from yesterday

Thanks! I will check out those resources. I’ll check the digital archives of the local paper

Its a lot of fun! You want to find the ones with the manufacturer name embossed on them. View attachment 232633
I love also collecting old bricks too. I have an area I will have to check out later but it's on a river in the middle of the woods and there are just bricks in the dirt of the bank. could be an old foundation but it is very isolated

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora