Amazing Bottle Digging Finds Today! Local Gems!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

logan.the.collector

Reaction score
Recently I have been exploring a lot and I circled back to an old dump I dug at a lot last year. I ended up finding FOUR Altamont Milk Co. Bottles from Tupper Lake, NY! That brings my Altamont count to 11 from that dump alone! Not only that, two of these are VERY RARE slug plate store bottles- very decorative and seldom seen for sale. I have only ever seen one other one so I am stoked to have found TWO for my collection.

This puts me up to 12 local bottles for 2021, these four being the first bottles I have dug in general this year. The 8 others were purchases.

Needless to say I cannot believe the results of today's dig. Absolutely amazing. Here are photos of them, I still need to clean them.
Screenshot_20210411-161248_Gallery.jpg
20210411_155107.jpg
20210411_155002.jpg

logan.the.collector

Reaction score
Share pics when you're done cleaning them out! I like the ones that say 5C on them. Any idea on age?
All four have date codes actually! The slug plate 5 cent ones are 1943 and 1944- surprisingly newer than the other two 1933s. They are also clean now so I need to get another photo

YoloBottles

Reaction score
Here they are all cleaned up- very nice condition. I haven't used Iron-Out yet for the rust but there isn't much in them.
Wow they are in real nice shape. Lucky that you have so many local branded bottles near you. Would love to find some 40's ones especially in that condition.

logan.the.collector

Reaction score
Do you live in Tupper Lake? We are in Glens Falls - just bought a camp in Minerva. Finding some cool stuff so far - nothing overly exciting but still fun.
Yes, I live up in Tupper. Cool to hear you're in Glens Falls, I have been there a lot! Most times I've went down there I actually take the Minerva way too so I'm very familiar with that area. Small world, huh? Cool finds too

willong

Reaction score
Nice find. What do you think is the nature of the dump--just a family, a farm, resort or community?

A family that hat a lot of kids and didn't care about recovering the deposit could certainly discard the quantity you are recovering.

(Don't worry; I'm out on the west coast and not trying to home in on your site--just curious due to the number of milk bottles.)

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora