amazing find

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

03Malibu

Reaction score
Hi,

I live along the coast of Maine, and for the past few weeks we've had some major rain here. Today I noticed that the hills that run along the beach are starting to erode, as a result, it has unearthed more bottles than I could even immagine. I've counted at least 17 different types of bottles, with multiples of some bottles. I found 7 bottles(which I have attempted to look up on here) that are from NY 1868 Carl H. Schultz all in mint condition, no cracks or chips, there was even one in that seven that didnt have any writting on it...I've found numerous other bottles, some that say Larkin Co. Buffalo...Some bottles from boston...Sawyers Crystal Blueing...as well as other marked and unmarked bottles...Some of the bottles are in different shapes...there were wiskey bottles, wine bottles, old tabacco canisters...I havent gone back since this morning, I took what was on the surface and probably will go back and dig to see what is there. The area in which I've discovered these bottles is littered with old peices of china, glasses, cups, tin cans, and of course bottles....I'd estimate that in all, I found roughly 30 bottles in all today...just wanted to share that, I hope to have a pic of of all the bottles so maybe some of you could help me identify them...

I actually identified one, it is a H.H. Hay Co. /Selling Acts/ LF Atwood bottle

I'm a little excited about finding all this stuff, I've never collected before, and just happened to stumble upon this stuff today, so I'm a little excited..

BOTLDGR03

Reaction score
Sounds like you found some good bottles. I would definitely go back and dig. There was a post about the Schultz bottle awhile back. I believe it was ten pin shaped. You would have to go back about 6 mos. or so to find that post. Good luck. Robert

madman

Reaction score
hey malibu, sounds like youve got a good one! better get to diging best of luck mike

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I actually identified one, it is a H.H. Hay Co. /Selling Acts/ LF Atwood bottle
For any who doesn't know I'll add that's a labelled "Improved Vegetable Physical Jannaice Bitters".
Nice stuff and nature did the work. Amazing you got there first but I guess someone had to. Better get back to it.

03Malibu

Reaction score
Where I found all of the items, its in an area where no one would really look...its in the open, but its also covered by alot of brush and trees, so all I had to do is go in past the shrubs and all and I was there.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky