Amber Anchor-Hocking Coke bottle.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

groverdill

Reaction score
Hey all. It's been a while since I've visited the forums. I picked up this amber Coke bottle over the weekend, but I don't know much about it. I'm in the process of researching it, but I thought I'd post it here, maybe get some quick opinions on it. As you can see, it's amber. On the bottom is the Anchor-Hocking logo. Both the front and back have the Coca-Cola script (as opposed to "Coke" being on the back like I usually see). On one side, below the script, it says trade mark registered contents 6 1/2 fl. ozs. On the other side, below the script, it says trade mark registered in u.s. patent office. The only other marking I see are 62-42 on one side near the base. I bought it assuming it's some sort of commemorative piece. It's in very good condition, so probably never used, only displayed. Does anyone know more about this? My only real concern is that it's just something some one made to make a quick buck. If it's a novelty piece produced and sold by Anchor-Hocking, I'm OK with that. Thanks. Mike
IMG_0252.jpg
IMG_0253.jpg
IMG_0255.jpg

celerycola

Reaction score
Back in the seventies workers at Oak Ridge would take Coke bottles to work in their lunch boxes and have them irradiated to turn amber. These were all over the flea markets for years. I've been told the bottles retain unsafe levels of radiation.

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
I think it looks unnatural. I doubt big brother Coca Cola would have varied their bottles in such a way. The image of a brand is everything with many companies and this looks out of sorts for the controls they might have had in place. Just my feelings with no facts to back that claim up.

2find4me

Reaction score
I would say it is irritated, there are lots of them out there.

groverdill

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Based on what's been said so far: It might be irradiated (or irritated, depending on who you ask[:)])It's probably from 1962.My hair might fall out if I handle it too much. Well, that's a start. I was hoping for something more definitive, like "Oh hey, that's a '62 Hocking commemorative display piece, 15,000 were produced for the Schmeckillyville Annual Hog Parade". Or something like that. I'll do my best to get a positive ID and let you know the results. Thanks again. Mike

2find4me

Reaction score
I meant irradiated, sometimes I have spelling probz. [:)]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp