Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Amber one pint flask. Colonial and nautical themes. Dating question.

Bufflehead

Dec 30, 2019
Hi everyone,
Been a while. Was able to get out and found a new (to me) spot. Picking through some surface stuff and this caught my eye. A lot of interesting details and subject matter. Any ideas about date and type. Screw top whisky flask 1942?

Attachments

CanadianBottles

May 24, 2014
I don't know if that's the date code or not but it certainly looks like it dates to roughly that era. Certainly got some good detail on it!

FloridaDigger

Aug 21, 2008
Hi. Yes this bottle is from the 1940's. I have dug a couple of them here in Florida. I fouind them in a layer that was nearly all 1940's to 1950's range. It was from a large city dump dating from 1890's up to about 1965. Very common bottle. Very little value; ...but cool. If it was full and un-opened then you would have something! tasty.

Bufflehead

Dec 30, 2019
Hi. Yes this bottle is from the 1940's. I have dug a couple of them here in Florida. I fouind them in a layer that was nearly all 1940's to 1950's range. It was from a large city dump dating from 1890's up to about 1965. Very common bottle. Very little value; ...but cool. If it was full and un-opened then you would have something! tasty.
That's a Paul Jones whiskey flask:

Here is some info on the company:

That's a Paul Jones whiskey flask:

Here is some info on the company:

Hey thanks for the info. Very helpful. noticed this error. Make it any more or less collectible?

Attachments

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tzurko