America's First ACL Soda Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODABOB

Reaction score
Merry Christmas

I haven't been around in a while - although I do stop by occasionally for a sneak-peek to see what's going on. I'm doing ok and still active with Bill Lockhart and the Bottle Research Group (BRG). We are currently updating the Makers Marks files, and presently on the B's. The rest of the updates will likely take several more years to complete. This link will take you to the files I am referring to ...

Attached is a study that Bill and I completed a while back - which most of you probably haven't seen yet. I hope you enjoy it.

I also hope that all of you have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year. I will try my best not to be such a stranger in the future.

Bob
a.k.a. SodaBob

Attachments

• Jumbo Cola Article.pdf
    3.7 MB · Views: 202
  • Jumbo Cola 1934 ACL Tazewell-Orange.com.jpg
    Jumbo Cola 1934 ACL Tazewell-Orange.com.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 86

Canadacan

Reaction score
Merry Christmas to you and yours Bob!....nice to see you are still at it! Great work by the way!
Cheers!

hemihampton

Reaction score
He's alive. Nice Article. Merry Christmas. LEON.

JeffDean

Reaction score
Hey Bob, wow...it's been a real long time! Glad to see you're alive and well. By chance, did Gary S. ever sell his rare coke bottle? I tried emailing him directly, but never got a response. ~JD

mrcure

Reaction score
Incredible work behind that article! I enjoyed the history as well as your writing/narration style.

SODABOB

Reaction score
Happy New Year

Thanks for the kind words about the Jumbo Cola article and your Christmas greetings. I hope everyone had a great New Year celebration and that the coming year is prosperous and healthful. Bill Lockhart and I working on another soda bottle study that we hope to publish in the next year or two. I won't say more about it now, other than it involves a major brand and should be the most extensive study ever compiled about it. As it stands now, we have completed 12 pages, and that's just the tip of the iceberg with a lot more to go. I will be sure and share it when it's done.

Hi, Jeff

Good to hear from you. The last I heard about Gary Saab's so-called Coca Cola prototype bottle was that the Coca Cola Company offered him $1,000 for it. Apparently he wanted $1,000,000 for it and turned them down. The following links are related to it, and are all that I currently know. The last page of the first link has a comment from Gary Saab.

https://www.antique-bottles.net/threads/coca-cola-1915-prototype-earl-r-dean-ray-a-graham.600389/

Speaking of early Coca Cola Hobbleskirt/Contour bottles, I'm hot on the trail of one that might be a one-of-a-kind. I will tell you more about it soon.

Last but not least is this link to a for-real Coca Cola prototype that sold (I believe) in 2011. I hope you don't mind my sharing this Jeff. If I remember correctly, I believe it was you who recorded it.

Thanks again to all

Bob

Attachments

• Coca Cola Bottle submitted in 1916 but lost to Dean design. (3).jpg
    Coca Cola Bottle submitted in 1916 but lost to Dean design. (3).jpg
    284.8 KB · Views: 73

SODABOB

Reaction score
P.S.

I forgot to add this in connection with the Jumbo Cola article. The attached snippet is from Page 11 of the article where we state that we couldn't find a reference for the "American Ornamental Bottle Corp." which involved George Mas. Attached is a reference to the corporation from 1932 that involved Orange Crush and George Mas. If we ever update the Jumbo Cola article, I will be sure and include this information.

Bob

Attachments

• Jumbo Cola Snippet From Article With Reference To The American Ornamental Bottle Corp.jpg
    Jumbo Cola Snippet From Article With Reference To The American Ornamental Bottle Corp.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 61
  • Orange-Crush Co. v. Am. Ornamental Bottle Corp.pdf
    100.6 KB · Views: 100

cokemanracer

Commemorative Soft Drink bottles, all brands, ACLs
Reaction score
Just saw post #7 regarding the rare Coca-Cola prototype bottle from Indiana. Attaching a few pictures of it.

Attachments

• IMG_6534.JPG
    IMG_6534.JPG
    239.9 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_6535.JPG
    IMG_6535.JPG
    283.9 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_6537.JPG
    IMG_6537.JPG
    176.6 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_6542.JPG
    IMG_6542.JPG