Amethyst Clear Bottle Need Help Identifying

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Ma's Stuff

Reaction score
Hi everyone....I inherited this amethyst bottle. It is embossed 136 on the bottom of the base. I took photos to help with identifying. It is 9 3/8" tall. I am wondering what kind of bottle this might be and it's true age. I'm new at this but have been studying a lot as of late and it appears that the top is tooled.. the seam doesn't go all the way up through the collar or down through the base. The 136 is probably the key? Thanks to all in advance for taking the time to investigate and sharing your knowledge with me.

Attachments

• 01_View_Bottle.jpg
    01_View_Bottle.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 70
  • 02_Base.jpg
    02_Base.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 03_Tool_Marks.jpg
    03_Tool_Marks.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 63
  • 04_Handblown.jpg
    04_Handblown.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 68
  • 05_Seam_Stops.jpg
    05_Seam_Stops.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 70
  • 06_Striations.jpg
    06_Striations.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 61

botlguy

Reaction score
Since you have not shared your name I will address you as Ma's Stuff. Welcome to the forums. You are correct, the top or more correctly the "Finish" is Tooled or Hand Tooled. That would date it from late 1800s to about 1915 +/-, probably afyer 1900 by rhe look of it. The amethyst or SCA (Sun Colored Amethyst) color also dates it to roughly the same period. We really can't get closer than that without body embossing to tell us the user.

The bottom number is just a mold number or something similar so that gives us no clue of age or who made it. By it's shape and narrow opening we are quite sure the original contents were liquid or semi-liquid. It could be juice, soft drink, liquor, catsup or something similar. That's about as far as my level of expertise takes me. Have Fun!
Jim

Ma's Stuff

Reaction score
Jim...Thanks so very much for sharing and taking the time to answer my
questions....I so appreciate it!
My name is Barb and thanks also for the warm welcome.
I had to come up with a user name and all the things that I am now
searching out...I can safely say are all "Ma's Stuff"" :)
Take care,
Barb

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis