Anheuser busch blob

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Csa

Reaction score
Your info is invaluable! Certain makers with the many mergers and new plants can get quite hard to follow. But between your work, the SHA stuff and earlier material at least newbies like me have some excellent historical info.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I will certainly agree that my discussion of the AB/Connected mark on the base of beer bottles is VERY confusing. But I tried to cover all of the known information, and leave it up to other collectors and researchers to keep investigating this, and come up with their own conclusions. The truth is that sometimes we just simply do not know (with 100% certainty) the exact "written in stone" answers to some questions. I'm always looking for solid input from anyone on the AB/Connected mark!! Thanks guys! David Whitten (writer of the article in question, on glassbottlemarks.com)
I am the one confused. Not the information. I love your site and use it often.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Hogtown Hunter

Reaction score
Hey Hogtown Hunter,

You are refreshingly consistent. ...Now if you'll excuse me, I believe I'm thirsty.

Hey Hogtown Hunter,

You are refreshingly consistent. ...Now if you'll excuse me, I believe I'm thirsty.
I like Bud Lights and I cannot lie.
Lol
Sorry. Too many modern Anheuser bottles tonight. Lol

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
I like it. Is there another verse? Its all good. Besides you have at least one cannon. (Drop mic and say BOOM.)
...Ever use that six pounder(?) to welcome the crop eating hogs to Gainesville? :)

SandiR

Reaction score
The conjoined AB mark continues to confuse. Julian Toulouse's "Bottle Makers and Their Marks" which was written by a bottle industry insider in 1971 says that it was Adolphus Busch 1904-1907. ABGMCo (Adolphus Busch Glass Manufacturing Company) was their more common mark used from 1886-1928. But there are lots of other opinions out there about the AB conjoined mark. I like Toulouse because he knew a lot of the people who knew the histories.
Hey RB et al,
Can't beat American classics like this one! Question- When did the conjoined AB show up as their base mark? '20s? Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Len

K6TIM

Reaction score
I just got this New Jersey Bottling Association Somerville Branch Somerville, N.J. The number 626 embossed on the base.
ROBBYBOBBY64.
That a nice looking embossed beer bottle.You don't see beer in clear bottle often!

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
The conjoined AB mark continues to confuse. Julian Toulouse's "Bottle Makers and Their Marks" which was written by a bottle industry insider in 1971 says that it was Adolphus Busch 1904-1907. ABGMCo (Adolphus Busch Glass Manufacturing Company) was their more common mark used from 1886-1928. But there are lots of other opinions out there about the AB conjoined mark. I like Toulouse because he knew a lot of the people who knew the histories.
Stated like a true hops historian. SandiR, welcome to our community!

Last edited:

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu