Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Another find and I have no clue what it is!

Cokecounty21

Dec 3, 2020
Found an old bottle it’s a dark brown amber bottle and it’s very small only 1”wide and abt 2 & 1/2 “ tall. It’s pontil marks make being able to see a makers mark impossible however I did a rub with paper and pencil and was able to make out a 5. It’s doesn’t have a seam line. Any ideas?

Attachments

Cokecounty21

Dec 3, 2020
Well thank you so much for the info! It’s a nice little bottle I found on a friend of mine’s property! I will need to look up info on the Owens scar this is a new hobby for me but I am learning! Thanks again

ROBBYBOBBY64

Jan 11, 2020
New Jersey
Amber poison i agree. With that shape there has to be mold seems. They would be diagonally, running up two of the corners.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Last edited:

Cokecounty21

Dec 3, 2020
It has a few spots where the there are, I really don’t know what to call them they look like what I can only describe as blobs of glass. I will try to take a pic that you can see them in! I did find a seam. Maybe it was in a fire briefly at one time and melted a little ? I have no clue but, it’s a nice little find to add to my collection. My collection is special to me bc I have found or dug up each and every one I have.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vincedent20