Another find... do you know what it is?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

03Malibu

Reaction score
Found this the other day. Not sure what it is. I have been told that it is milk glass and might be a salt or pepper dish but not sure. Can anyone help me?

0E561CA8DD6447A5AFCE53D3D6A167BA.jpg

Attachments

• 0E561CA8DD6447A5AFCE53D3D6A167BA.jpg
    0E561CA8DD6447A5AFCE53D3D6A167BA.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 84

03Malibu

Reaction score
Thanks. I have tried looking up something that might be similiar to find out what era it is from, but to no avail. Any suggestions or if it is worth anything? It has a number 2 in the center of the inside of it. I tried to capture it with the camera, but it doesn't show.

DIGGER DAVE

Reaction score
I would have to agreee with " dirtflicker " on this one. The earlier salt and pepper shakers would have looked much like the porcelian tea cups you find when dining at an asian resteraunt. This piece is much too ornate and more likely to have held some sort of cosmetic powder ( the milk glass and the convenient grasping lip being the give away ) to be such a common household item. Before the conveniance of the " compact " this would have worked nicely! This is just a guess, so don't try this at home kids ! Good luck on your journey !!

frank

Reaction score
Nice find but wheres the top for it??I would agree with dirtflicker about it. It,s a 1880 or 1890 cosmetic dish and go back there and see if you can find the top for it[8|]

03Malibu

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input. I tried again to research this item on the internet using the descriptions that were given to me on here, but can't find anything. Any suggestions? Does this mean this is a rare find? Does the fact that I don't have the cover, depreciate the worth? Not sure if I can find the cover, but will definitely look the next time.

atdadump

Reaction score
What size is it? could this possibly be a candy container. I found a tophat years ago that was milk glass and sure enough thats what it was. Maybe someone in the group has a candy container book to check it out..

03Malibu

Reaction score
It is 3 1/4 " (including lip) x 2" x 1 1/2" deep (including the bottom pedestal)

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis