Another Great Dig in Aussie

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

oz-riley

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
IRISH and I have been at it again, we had researched an old Hotel Site which was at the junction of two creeks. This site was a sure thing and we went there expecting to find bottles by the truck load, however when we finally fought our way through the scrub we did not find a thing??
There are three creek junctions along this main creek and IRISH suggested that we look at the next junction, down river from the next junction we found a Hotel Site, now I am not sure if this is the Hotel we were looking for but hey who cares!
We found loads of broken bottles all dating around the 1870's, lots of ring seal beers and a couple of broken sand blasted beers.
We found a heap of plain beers then IRISH found a black glass Gaelic Whisky from Sydney, he also found a Brook's Lemon Squash bottle which will turn purple (This is the early Brook's Lemnos bottle).
After all this I found a Wilcox Bro Codd with the large W.B trade mark which is an absolute ripper, only a few of these found to date, all in all a good dig.
IRISH can post pictures of his finds.

Hey admin about time you looked into allowing post's to add more than one picture at a time!

Anyway pictures of my bottle to follow

Zw69590.jpg

Attachments

• Zw69590.jpg
    Zw69590.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 124

IRISH

Reaction score
Hi all, here is a photo of most of what I got in the dig (better late than never [;)] ).

Us55083.jpg

Attachments

• Us55083.jpg
    Us55083.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 128

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky