Another Late 1800s Hole

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RelicRaker

Reaction score
Spotted oysrter shels among some newly disturbed earth. Not much tim to explore today, but scratched out a few goodies
.Bromo / Pitcher's Castoria / Hood's Sarsaparilla.
Bromo - Pitchers - Hoods rev.jpg

Also grabbed a slick cone ink and a ceramic serving tray backmarked "Mercer Semi-Vitreous" (not pictured).

RCO

Reaction score
i found one of those hoods sarsaparilla bottles last summer when swimming , seems to be a lot of them out there but still a neat bottle

RelicRaker

Reaction score
Returned to the site today for a little more scratching.

Found a Trophonine bottle, BIM, rolled lip
Trophonine.jpg

Basemarked Reed & Carnrick, NY
Trophonine basemark.jpg

Also pulled an Engligh jam pot with a nice base mark...

WP Hartley basemark.jpg

Also a slick, round-bottom Irish-style ginger ale. (not shown)

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Thanks for the tray picture. Love the crazing on it. The jam pot is cool. The light house, gulls looks like waves crash at its feet. Amazing finds. Thank you for taking the time to post, I totally appreciate it buddy.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

RelicRaker

Reaction score
Went back to the site today, and some earth had been moved around. Scratched out a few more...
Carters - Vaseline - MoM.jpg

Carter's barrel ink / Amber BIM Vaseline / Cornflower BIM Phillips MoM / Amber whiskey mini

Carter's base mark...
Carter's ink base mark.jpg

Amber BIM Vaseline w/ rolled lip...
Amber Vaseline corktop.jpg

Cornflower MoM
Phillips MoM corktop.jpg

Slick whiskey nip...
Slick whiskey mini.jpg

treeguyfred

Reaction score
Went back to the site today, and some earth had been moved around. Scratched out a few more...
Hey there RelRak'r ....I don't know where yer at ...but you've got one of those fun digs going on. Maybe not stuff to quit your day job over but good enough to keep ya excited and enjoying the spot. Always love to hear aboot these digs, thanks so much for sharing the pics!! I still remember when those bromos and MoMs and Cheesebroughs were common... nuthins common (to dig and find in the wild) anymore, so enjoy while you still can!
~Fred
P.S. would like to see the whiskey nip cleaned or at least a couple of clearer pics of the lip and base.... They are cool as heck

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Hey there RelRak'r ....I don't know where yer at ...but you've got one of those fun digs going on. Maybe not stuff to quit your day job over but good enough to keep ya excited and enjoying the spot. Always love to hear aboot these digs, thanks so much for sharing the pics!! I still remember when those bromos and MoMs and Cheesebroughs were common... nuthins common (to dig and find in the wild) anymore, so enjoy while you still can!
~Fred
P.S. would like to see the whiskey nip cleaned or at least a couple of clearer pics of the lip and base.... They are cool as heck
With this viral crap going on, work is slow. I have more time than I ever had in a long time to dig and search for bottles. Also the time to post and respond to you great people. When I get busy I will not be never get a chance to do what I am doing now. My Tile business is who I am. I take it seriously and work 24-7 only time I get to myself is to sleep. I consider myself lucky to get and be able to work for myself.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky