Another new antique Ball Jar

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

moodorf

Reaction score
Back at it digging today. Ignoring my own rule, I brought along my phone for pictures. I actually found a triple loop Ball jar, so it seems my silly superstition regarding it was unfounded. So maybe I'll have more 'digging' pics in the future. It was a surface find, at the base of a little tiny waterfall coming down the creek enbankment:

20230408_121151.jpg

20230408_134231.jpg

I've already found two other triple loop ball jars. Although tbh I can't help but read it as "Balls" every time since that extra loop looks very similar to a cursive lowercase "s" to me. So yeah, I call these "Balls" jars.

20230408_134528.jpg

I've got three balls now.

Johnny M

Reaction score
Found another couple really nice bottles today. Surface finds, too, no digging required (me and my back's favorite kind!)
View attachment 245959 View attachment 245961
View attachment 245963
View attachment 245960
View attachment 245962
Why am I posting them here? Because they were found at the same spot as the above jar.
Thanks for pics of initial discovery! Can't get enough of those just spotted pics. I check a riverbank dump I know of from time to time to look for wash outs. A nightmare to dig as its as steep as a cliff with up to 4 ft deep running water at bottom and so infused with roots that even when you spot something showing you generally need to cut it out with clippers! You have to eyeball the bank from across the river and if you spot something you hop across on shallowest showing rocks trail. No way not to get at least wet to the knees and risk being dragged away by the current. Not many bottles but old ones when they pop up. I remember seeing an emerald green heel and part of the side of a bottle showing and nearly broke my neck and drowned getting it. I could see a little heavy embossing on what was showing and it was obviously a Saratoga. Ended up being a Hathorn Springs pint. I guess it was worth getting it out but just barely! Wish I had a pic of it locked in the mud and roots to show people. Oh well. Johnny M.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I like those meds, especially the dog remedies bottle! I'm not sure I can remember seeing a veterinary bottle specifically for dogs before.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu