another nuked bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

saratogadriver

Reaction score
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121672261613?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT As I can't get the picture to come up stand-alone, I'll describe it. It WAS a clear house ink, one of the square ones with embossed windows and doors. This one is a real shame, in that it's a $100 plus bottle without nuking. it's already at stupid numbers for a nuked bottle. And if there's any question as to whether it's been tampered with, all you have to do is look at sellers other items. Half or more are the same "amethyst" as this bottle. Jim G

nammlif

Reaction score
I just asked him if the ink could possibly have been nuked...I'll wait and see what he says...

saratogadriver

Reaction score
nammlif said:
I just asked him if the ink could possibly have been nuked...I'll wait and see what he says...

That should be amusing, as at least 50% of his stuff is purple... Jim G

saratogadriver

Reaction score
Bloody things up over $200 now, which is more than these usually go for unaltered. I guess, if people are gullible enough to buy these altered bottles at prices above market for the basic bottle, we are going to continue to see nuked bottles. It's sad though, in that it's gotten to the point now that I don't even always trust bottles in these odd colors when I seem them at the major auction houses. Jim G

PCola

Reaction score
I've had at least 3 sellers ban me after asking about or pointing out their purple bottles! I always send the following when inquiring about their purple bottles!It really makes sense to ban someone from either reaching or bidding on their bottles! http://dumpdiggers.blogsp...amethyst-color-of.html

mctaggart67

Reaction score
I have one irradiated bottle in my collection which I use as a comparative. I actually like the colour, but I suppose I'd also like the colour of my clear bottles painted cobalt. It's still a fake job!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marenjch