Another pre Chicago fire bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

fatdog

Reaction score
I apologize for the poor picture. The bottle seems to have an extra seem around the middle. Is this what they call a three piece blown mold? Big chip in the lip. The vertival seams up the side are not there, but up towards the neck there is a small line that actually looks like a seam was removed and it doesn't go up the lip. The bottle is 9 1/4" high and ha s no markings. I will e-mail pics to anyone who might be willing to identify these. I will post the bottom of the bottle in the next picture.
Thanks
Craig

Tr50900.jpg

bearswede

Reaction score
I've got Kovels' 10th, 11th and 12th; as well as Megura's 11th & 13th... As Rich says, these are the essential starting books... I use all of them simply because the older ones list some bottles you won't find in the newer editions... And it's generally easy to figure about how much the value has increased when using the older books...

You also might want to consider Digger O'dell's type-specific price guides... Eventually, you may want to invest a bit more money for the yearly auction reports... Something I have been meaning to but have yet to do...

Happy sails (or sales) to you...

Ron

fatdog

Reaction score
lobeycat, I am not buying the bottles. Not that I'm not greatly interested in them, I just prefer to find them myself. The woman that has these is a friend of someone I went to school with. She is elderly and doesn't have a computer nor the money for books. She wants me to sell them for her, but I didn't want to say anything concerning age and stuff without knowing more about bottles. I told my Dad yesterday how I was going to start digging in some of the old privies I know of and he looked at me kind of funny. as far as a long post no-way. Yours was pretty short compared to some of mine. Sorry I didn't include more details. I just figured I wouldn't waste anyone's time with the words until I found out if the bottles were pretty old.They are in very poor shape so I guess I'll put them on eBay. I know people here don't like that, but I'm in the boonies and the market up here for old stuff isn't so great. I sincerely appeciate your help and this site is now in my favorites because the Bottle Bug has bit me again
Craig

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyG1