Another radiation scammer

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

amblypygi

Reaction score
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZwaco-pQQhtZ-1

The seller in the other post (letsgo2libby) isn't a scammer, they tell people the glass was irradiated. They started doing this some years back after I started emailing all of their bidders. Interestingly they have modified their warning to eliminate the reference to radiation, but at least they tell people. I take personal credit for that [:)]

On another note: it is perfectly acceptable to warn people of things like this, I do it all the time and ebay is well aware of it. It's important for people to do this.

Sean

amblypygi

Reaction score
I'm getting into the all-out battle over this one; this guy's a liar and a jerk. I guess I'll find out if I'm correct about Ebay backing people up in these situations. I've been contacting his bidders to warn them but unfortunately ebay has limited how many messages one can send so I can't respond to them. Here are the responses I've gotten from some of his bidders:

"did not and was dissapointed when it arrived and they both were..but I should have asked as sellers are doing that these days and should be up front and tell people that.. I do thank you for telling me Thanks and have a great New Year"

"YES I DONT WANT THE BOTTLE.. IF IT IS COLORED BY RADIATION"

"I think you should mind your own business and stay out of others people business. You are not doing this beacuse you care for me, you are doing this because it benefits you in some way."

"No I did not know that, I assumed that was natural. I wonder how many other of waco-p's bottles have been doctored. It should be mentioned in the listing, otherwise I feel there is a bit of deception going on here. Do you know this for sure?"

amblypygi

Reaction score
Here's what the scammer waco-p had to say:

"excuse me but we found out that you have been spredding rumors on e-bay about our bottles, so i figured i would let you know that is defamation of character, and i would politely suggest you keep your mouth shut. we will let e-bay know, we have witnesses on paper and they will get a copy of them. we are honest on our adds, a lot of our bottles we got from all over the U.S so if they were doctored in anyway we are NOT aware of it.oh yes buy the way if you knew anything about bottles you would know that the light prosses only speeds up the Suns prosses..........any bottle with Manganese will turn as purple as it can, as long as the sun is on it. so please QUIT slandering us. THANK YOU"

In addition to being spelling-challenged, this character is an obvious liar, every single one of his clear bottles shows evidence of irradiation. If ebay would fault me for contacting his bidders, then they are full of it when they say they want to protect against fraud. I got into a similar battle some years ago with this jerk:

http://stores.ebay.com/jstar2-Auctions-and-More

And ebay supported me. Unfortunately jstar2 simply started hiding the bidder's (victims) ID so that they couldn't be warned. Some people just aren't worth the air they suck up, oh well.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marenjch