Another short and great dig at what I am 99% positive is a pharmacy dump.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,
I went with my buddy to the spot that was producing the signs. I think it is now safe to say that a pharmacy was dumping here based on the finds that this place is producing of both medicinal and soda fountain type. Unfortunately we had no signs dug this time, but there were some other great finds!!!

20200908_173440.jpg

From left to right:
Clark W. Allen & Co. Prep Detriot U.S.A, Borden's Mayonase make your own jar, Bromo-Lithia Chemical Co. Philadelphia U.S.A. (large size), and a Lustre R.E. Tongue & Bro. Philadelphia.
In front:
Local dentist advertising piece (see below) and a toy plane.

Lots of chemist and vial equipment (so much that for every one here there were at least 5 left at the digging site):
20200908_173429.jpg

20200908_173244.jpg

Dental advertising piece. Any ideas for what it was used for? It says: Dr. CHARLES W. SOLOMAN
OFFICE / PHONE 2443 / 65 MAIN ST NORWICH, CONNECTICUT. It also has the numbers 1 2 3 4 above holes or hooks?
20200906_195444.jpg

The reason I am able to dig this spot is because of my fellow digging friend who invited me. He told me he had found this sign while stumbling upon the dump and that it was under the leaves! You may have seen me find these bottles which are from New London, CT, so this is a local sign!
20200908_175215.jpg

There has to be more awesome stuff just waiting there for next time. Who knows maybe more signs!!!

Thanks for reading,
PlaneDiggerCam

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Wow, that looks like a wonderful spot! Is that Lustrie a fruit jar or what? Surprised you aren't finding more drug store bottles in a pharmacist's dump, but I guess they were just selling them rather than going through many themselves. Also that sign is fantastic!

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,
Wow, that looks like a wonderful spot! Is that Lustrie a fruit jar or what? Surprised you aren't finding more drug store bottles in a pharmacist's dump, but I guess they were just selling them rather than going through many themselves. Also that sign is fantastic!
The lustre is a fruit jar and has large bubbles in the backyard! We actually have been finding lots of druggist bottles. Unfortunately the dump is just to late as all were cork tops, but paper label type ones. We haven't been keeping em.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp