Another thrift recovery

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Skoda

Reaction score
Once in a blue moon an actual antique bottle shows up at the thrifts around here, and yesterday was my lucky day! Not exactly something of high value, just an unembossed hand blown tooled-top cobalt blue cylinder with a 3-piece mold, but still pretty nice looking and is already making a great window bottle!

1674415616870.png
1674415636066.png

Johnny M

Reaction score
Thrifts occasionally produce. I passed up an aqua unembossed strap side flask today.Small and plain but still bimal. The place has produced from time to time. I have gotten a nice olive green atlas ez seal pint, a cool milk with a cow embossed, a case gin, several wickered demijohns ( those were 5 bucks apiece)and the king was an iron pontil aqua petal jar! They never price more than 2 or 3 bucks on bottles it seems. Many times a buck! They got a pig load of seltzer bottles in once but I missed them. Maybe 6 or 7 in dark greens and the one I read in the guys cart said Bridgeport Conn. Those were 5 bucks apiece though. I read the tags while he was looking at something else. Just yesterday I tagged this big wicker demijohn. Color is like a lime yellow. Looks about 5 gallons. I'm not gonna peel it though.Wicker is nice still. Top is crude so it's old! This cost 8 bucks.

Reactions: Roy

Johnny M

Reaction score
Trying to post the pic....https://photos.app.goo.gl/8xrTzQzcrYsmju5P8

Roy

Reaction score
Thrifts occasionally produce. I passed up an aqua unembossed strap side flask today.Small and plain but still bimal. The place has produced from time to time. I have gotten a nice olive green atlas ez seal pint, a cool milk with a cow embossed, a case gin, several wickered demijohns ( those were 5 bucks apiece)and the king was an iron pontil aqua petal jar! They never price more than 2 or 3 bucks on bottles it seems. Many times a buck! They got a pig load of seltzer bottles in once but I missed them. Maybe 6 or 7 in dark greens and the one I read in the guys cart said Bridgeport Conn. Those were 5

Thrifts occasionally produce. I passed up an aqua unembossed strap side flask today.Small and plain but still bimal. The place has produced from time to time. I have gotten a nice olive green atlas ez seal pint, a cool milk with a cow embossed, a case gin, several wickered demijohns ( those were 5 bucks apiece)and the king was an iron pontil aqua petal jar! They never price more than 2 or 3 bucks on bottles it seems. Many times a buck! They got a pig load of seltzer bottles in once but I missed them. Maybe 6 or 7 in dark greens and the one I read in the guys cart said Bridgeport Conn. Those were 5 bucks apiece though. I read the tags while he was looking at something else. Just yesterday I tagged this big wicker demijohn. Color is like a lime yellow. Looks about 5 gallons. I'm not gonna peel it though.Wicker is nice still. Top is crude so it's old! This cost 8 bucks.
The trick is to get to the store just before the local antique dealer does. They hit them pretty much on a daily basis.
Roy

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown