Any idea of an age?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Diver4Life

Reaction score
I can clearly see the seams from the mold. The ocean tumbling didn't erase it all. Am I correct in saying, in general the older the 3 piece mold the lower the seam on the bottle is? I believe I heard this before. I was wondering if it was true.
ROBBYBOBBY64.
The seems are definitely visible. Not sure about the age and the lower seem correlation though.

Harry Pristis

Reaction score
I can clearly see the seams from the mold. The ocean tumbling didn't erase it all. Am I correct in saying, in general the older the 3 piece mold the lower the seam on the bottle is? I believe I heard this before. I was wondering if it was true.
ROBBYBOBBY64.
I doubt that idea has any reliability. The main body of a 3-mold is a dip mold, so the optimal position of the rim is at the shoulder of the nascent bottle. No progression of technology would change that. There existed by 1821 a lot of experience with dip molds, and the mechanics who developed the 3-mold were not unsophisticated.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I doubt that idea has any reliability. The main body of a 3-mold is a dip mold, so the optimal position of the rim is at the shoulder of the nascent bottle. No progression of technology would change that. There existed by 1821 a lot of experience with dip molds, and the mechanics who developed the 3-mold were not unsophisticated.
Thank you for the clarification.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac