Any idea what this is?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

BottleEnthusiast

Reaction score
I went to dig yesterday and found this jar, thats has pictorial elephant heads. I thought it was green milk glass so i took it. When I washed it up I noticed the inside was just plain glass and it was green paint on the outside of the jar. I havent seen anything like this so any idea what it could be and why its like that?
IMG_20211018_163334.jpg

Sorry for the bad picture

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I think I remember seeing these identified as Jumbo Peanut Butter jars, they had very elaborate jar designs and are quite collectible for that reason. The paint is weird, if it is a peanut butter jar it would probably have been something someone did to it later.

BottleEnthusiast

Reaction score
I think I remember seeing these identified as Jumbo Peanut Butter jars, they had very elaborate jar designs and are quite collectible for that reason. The paint is weird, if it is a peanut butter jar it would probably have been something someone did to it later.
It seems to small to be peanut butter its only about 3 inches, i can post better pictures in a few hours

Dogo

DOGO
Reaction score
Is that top threaded? Is the bottom flat enough for the jar to stand alone? Maybe it was made to cover something, like a light bulb. A better picture and something to show true size would be a big help.

BottleEnthusiast

Reaction score
Is that top threaded? Is the bottom flat enough for the jar to stand alone? Maybe it was made to cover something, like a light bulb. A better picture and something to show true size would be a big help.
Here are some clear pictures, sorry for the wait. Also i think it actually was originally blue because of the part that was preserved under the label which got rubbed on when i cleaned it.
IMG_0140.jpg
IMG_0139.jpg

It has 4 elephant heads surrounding the bottle

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown