Any idea what this little thing might be worth???

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

willong

Reaction score
I'm surprised that an archaeological team would have had any interest in a dump of that era in the early 60s, that would be roughly like doing an archaeological dig on a dump from the 1950s today. Even today archaeologists almost never have any interest in a late 19th century dump without it having some additional significance beyond age.
Perhaps they don't have much interest in such sites--and I would contend that they shouldn't, given the profuse contemporaneous documentation of such recent eras and activities--but they sure seem fond of blanket digging prohibitions on amateurs and hobbyists! At least, they do here in the good old (bad new) USA.

Sorry, the subject is one of my many pet peeves, the consequence of having lived through seven decades and enjoyed far more freedom in less contentious times.

Reaction score
Perhaps they don't have much interest in such sites--and I would contend that they shouldn't, given the profuse contemporaneous documentation of such recent eras and activities--but they sure seem fond of blanket digging prohibitions on amateurs and hobbyists! At least, they do here in the good old (bad new) USA.

Sorry, the subject is one of my many pet peeves, the consequence of having lived through seven decades and enjoyed far more freedom in less contentious times.
Man, that's the truth. . . . .

CanadianBottles

Reaction score

I think we've got some similar laws on the books here, but they're the sort of law which is pretty much never actually enforced unless someone is doing something actually serious, like looting an ancient historical site (and even then I doubt the punishment would really be that severe). I've never heard of anyone getting in trouble for digging a 19th or 20th century dump in terms of archaeology laws. The most trouble I've heard of anyone getting in was for violating trespassing laws - and in that case the "trouble" was just the cops telling them to leave.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora